Thursday, April 24, 2008

it's official - America is tone deaf

i know - don't start on me - i should get a life.
get out more
write about something socially relevant
or mildly entertaining even.

but get this people - i don't get out.
i am not getting a life anytime soon.
and i am DONE with the american idol voting public.

I was down right shocked when Michael Johns was cut two weeks ago. He was a shoe-in for at least the top four. He has real talent. I will be one of the first to buy his CD. but I never personally voted for him. so I had no one to blame but myself.

last night really PISSED me off.
The top two performers of the week in the bottom two.

seriously people - what is this? senior superlatives all over again? This popularity contest masquerading as a talent competition has got me in a complete tizzy (or couldn't you tell?)

and how does yawning on camera or crying every week and flubbing your lyrics make you more popular than people that can sing AND perform! Who is this fan base voting for such nonsense?

sincerely, i like all the top six contestants. They are all likable. All are talented to some degree. But as far as who performed the best on Tuesday night versus who was in the bottom two on Wednesday night -
SERIOUS DISCONNECT here people.

And I did vote for Carly. for the last several weeks. many times.
Therefore I have earned the right to bitch, sulk and complain.

This is me.
Bitching.
Sulking.
and Complaining.


on another note and perhaps contributing to my sullen mood...
after my PC got a virus, I did. Sinus infection leading to an ear ache.

I have not had an ear ache in 25 years at least.
Fluid behind the eardrum - can't hear well kinda junk. 10 days of antibiotics and three weeks later - my hearing is still not back to normal.

and let me just say this - PMS ain't got nothing on ear aches for cranky, irritable, bad moods. I have hardly been able to tolerate myself.

and I was starting to feel better - until last night.
back to bitchy...

7 comments:

Wien. said...

I'll admit it, I don't watch American Idol. Coconut used to be into it. When we were in Baja our neighbors were WAY into it, so into it that they would invite Coconut over for dinner and Idol. It was cute, two sixty somethings and Coconut.

I'm sorry to hear that you've got a painful ear. You have a good reason to leave us hanging on your blog for ALMOST A MONTH without even a word. Sheesh.

Glad to have you back and mend quickly.

xoxo,
W.

Big Pissy said...

Yeah, wien's second paragraph?

that!

Feel better soon! :)

Shelley Jaffe said...

Is this you? I was wondering if there was anyone I knew at the law firm of Bitching, Sulking, and Complaining! I would SO totally use you!

So sorry to hear about the illnesses, inanimate and otherwise, but glad to hear at least one of you is on the mend. Take good care.

Ms. Junie said...

I totally agree. I was mad that Michael went home when he did..and i was mad that Carly went after such a good performance. Idol unfortunately is a popularity contest and not a talent show. All those teenage girls voting for Archuleta are the huge fan base that everyone else is having to compete against..:(

Pat & Reg said...

I don't watch AI either. After working in Hollywood and seeing the weirdo groupies that go absolutely NUTS following their contestants around, I was a bit turned off.

I can honestly say that I have no clue who or what you're talking about. But I hope your pick wins.

MistaBone said...

Hey you! I'm here. I've tried to leave you several comments, but I usually get dropped by blogger. I just never have the stamina to keep trying.
I agree with this one. I haven't watched the show since Amanda got cut. I just love a Woman with a rockin attitude, a raspy voice and a Harley of her own.
Take care.

Anonymous said...

sorry to "hear" about the ears.

the rest is hilarious. my kids won't even let me watch idol with them because I can't keep my mouth shut about their pitch, diction, vocal production, etc. etc. etc.

glad you're back, though.