Monday, September 10, 2007

the au pair

arrives on thursday...
not sure i could be happier!

she is a lovely young woman from Germany.
we have spoken several times and emailed endlessly.
she arrives in NYC today for a few days of orientation and training.
and then to dallas thursday night.

the girls are very excited.
savvy tells me - "this will change our lives."
i'm like - "yeah, that's what i am hoping for."
(cause your mommy is about to jump off a bridge if something doesn't change soon!)

still have not sold the house. interest has picked up. several second showings. a couple families really interested - but they have to sell their houses first. AAARRRRGGGGHHHHHHHH!

Just ready for this to be over with.
really ready.

is it thursday yet?


8 comments:

cadbury_vw said...

i'm praying that this really does lift some of your burden and doesn't just add to the confusion and stress

praying for you

Wien. said...

Yeah for some light at the end of the tunnel! I hope that once your 'training period' is over with your au pair that you will be able to find some time to spend on YOU!
My ex-sister in law has had a
German au pair for the past two years, and my son is dating a young lady from Germany who is also an au pair.
I think I've used that word more in the past two weeks than I have in my entire life!
Good luck and hurry up Thursday!!!

Ms. Junie said...

I hope that she is helpful, great and--all that you need right now to help you through. Hugs to you!

Mouthy Girl said...

Let's hear it for the fucking au pair!!!

I think Savvy's on the right track with this one, Cole! Can't wait to hear about the first meet and greet.

Amber said...

Wow! Won't it be fabulous to exhale?! I am waiting for that moment myself. You have a full plate, enjoy the au pair and exhale.

Big Pissy said...

You know how excited I am for you....I can hardly wait! :)

Pat & Reg said...

Au pair? That reminds me of something I heard once from a disgruntled wife, "Au Pair: French for teenager with an agenda." Watch yourself and your man! :)

KC said...

Wishing you all the best with your new au pair. Hopefully, things will become, if not normal, as close to normal as it can.