Monday, March 10, 2008

girlfriends...

I have been walking around since I got back from Houston yesterday patting myself on the back.

Seriously. As if I did something spectacular...

I am so proud of myself for having such unbelievable girlfriends.
I mean I am good. DAMN good at choosing top-notch, high quality, genuine, could-not-do-better-if-i-custom-ordered GF's. I have written about girlfriends before. I am just in awe of how meaningful these relationships can be!
(Read this - it's old and I promise 90% of you have never seen it.)


My friend T in Houston has a beautiful home and is a wonderful hostess. She heated up the pool and hot tub for us. (I have to quit typing every few seconds to scratch the sun burn on my back...)

My friend R lives here in Dallas - though we rarely get to see each other - we drove down and back together. It's the shortest four hour drive EVER when we travel it together.

Our friend S lives in Toronto and she flew in for the occasion. I am so flattered that she would go to all that trouble to be with us.

We have all worked together at the same company over the past twelve years and have a lot of the same business associates. Common experiences. Have traveled together - as a group and in pairs - on endless business trips and conventions.
Oh, the war stories we tell...
And those that we don't. (grin)

The really cool thing - to me - is that professionally - these women have all at one time or another acted as a mentor to me. Sometimes unknowingly. But all are phenomenally talented, composed and SUCCESSFUL in their jobs. I have observed them in action over the years and taken so much from them that has added to my own professional accomplishments.

the bonus - not only are they exceptional professionally - they are outstanding women on a personal level as well. compassionate, witty, fun-loving, passionate, accepting and so on and so forth...

Please, someone, tell me - how does it get any better than that?

so anyway - i am pretty button-popping pleased with myself today.
I did a damn fine job of picking out my girlfriends!

on a more humble note - I am most grateful they chose me too. I aspire to add as much to their lives as they do to mine!



7 comments:

Wien. said...

That was beautiful.

W.

Anonymous said...

Friends, GOOD friends keep me sane.

Last week, I walked into the kitchen at work & my friend J was in there. She took one look at me and wrapped her arms around me & gave me the biggest, squishiest hug I've had in a long time. Never said a word, just hugged me.

I didn't realize how bad I needed that hug until I got it.


"Please, someone, tell me - how does it get any better than that?"

It doesn't.

It doesn't surprise me that you have such wonderful friends, T.
You are probably as good a friend to them as they are to you.

Mouthy Girl said...

OF COURSE they chose you!

Shit, I'm choosing you. Chose you. Whatever.

I have received background information almost 100% confirming my presence in Texas this summer. Shhhh don't tell anyone. We're getting together unless some miniscule bastard percentage says otherwise!

So very glad that you had a wonderful time with your chicks. Like you, I adore mine. I'm grateful beyond words and would lay down my life for them. I'd rather have a tight circle of lovelies than a huge crowd of followers.

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful post. A wonderful picture. You deserve every moment!

Big Pissy said...

Awwwwww....I LOVED that post....

I'm sure your friends feel the same way about you.

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the TV de Plasma, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://tv-de-plasma.blogspot.com. A hug.

Amber said...

I am not a bit surprised at the fabulous company you keep, after all, you my dear are pretty darn fabulous yourself!