Monday, November 03, 2008

Do I LOOK like I'm having fun?

My van was totaled.

There, I said it.

Everyone is fine. no serious injuries.

THANKFULLY!



But this was the van we had ONE more payment on.

New au pair was going to pick son up at school and drove into a tree.

Ouch.

Not exactly sure what happened - just know it was 30 yards out of the driveway and she was messing with the radio.



Did I mention we had one more payment?



Bless her heart - it scared her to death.

Hell, it scared me to death!



We have been having a rough adjustment period since she got here. I think my kiddos are more than she bargained for. (truth be told, they are more than I bargained for!)



But she is really trying. She does want to be here.

It's just a lot at once - for ANYONE!



I went to Houston this past weekend for a dear friend's 50th birthday party. I physically had to split the kids up so they would be taken care of and would not KILL each other.

Savvy to Mema's. Smith to Uncle J and Aunt M. Sam at home with Daddy and new au pair.



one payment left ...

i am dwelling, aren't I?

Chin up.
Shoulders back.
Onward...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh NO!

I'm glad everyone is OK.

I'm so sorry to hear about the van. That stinks.

at least there's something going on tomorrow to take your mind off of it. ??? maybe ???

Anonymous said...

Glad that everyone is ok. Well, if you only had 1 payment left, that means you were ready for a new van anyway right?

Breathe Deep, T_Cole.

Big Pissy said...

I'm so glad everyone is ok, but I'm especially glad that your son wasn't in the van at the time.

The whole thing just sucks and I'm sorry.