Monday, November 10, 2008

there's a new man in my life

my mother introduced me to him.
I don't know what she was thinking.
she, of all people, knows what an addictive personality I have.

He is already causing problems with my marriage. I don't pay enough attention to my hubby because I am constantly distracted with my new love.

But I cannot stop myself. I am addicted to him. Cannot get enough.
He's a home-boy from Mississippi which doesn't help matters. Common Ground. I automatically feel a real connection with him.

And my biggest turn-on ever - intellectual men with big vocabularies. (I know what you thought I was going to say! Shame on you - this is a family blog)

And he is a master with his hands. Few compare.

what's a girl to do? All I can think about is getting my hands on him. I look for him whenever I go out. Hoping to catch site of him. So I can take him home with me once again. Once, twice - it's just not enough!

It is too long between each experience.
But I just can't do this right now. The timing is awful.
Three young kids - all in school. Homework, lunches to pack.

I will have to wait until the holidays and next summer before I can start a full-out obsession and immerse myself in him.

and his work.

he's a writer. an author. a musician. and downright sexy.

Greg Iles. And if you haven't read him yet - I invite you to become obsessed too.

Just remember he was mine first.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've become an avid books-on-tape 'listener'. The only one of Iles that I've listened to was 'dead sleep'. writing was good, but the reader wasn't., so I haven't checked out another from the library. You have convinced me to try again! (by the way, as with ANY good book, your blog is leaving me feeling that I borrowed a book with the last chapter torn out. write more PLEASE! (I left ECI to travel and then find a roosting place on the Illinois river in Gore, OK.....I have to satisfy my love of the children I've worked with through their parents blogs. Currently, you are NOT keeping me satisfied ;o)LaVonne@crosstel.net