Tuesday, May 02, 2006

symmetrical


my five year old daughter told me today that butterfly wings are symmetrical when they are the same.

and this is not the only BIG word in her vocabulary she uses appropriately - in fact appropriate is one of her frequently used words. consequences is another she understands and can utilize in daily conversation.

and she's such a girly girl - not a nerdy nerd (not that there's anything wrong with that).

methinks i have my hands full now and a life of challenge on the horizon.

the only saving grace - in my mind - is what a wonderful combination - beauty AND brains.

the boys won't even see it coming...

all smiles flashing, eyelashes batting and curls bouncing and then BAM!
she spits out the equation necessary to determine the exact flow of nitrous oxide on their ride to hit 60 mph in 3.97 seconds.

they will all fall hopelessly in love and not even know what hit them.
of course - unless one of them is a crown prince - they stand no shot whatsoever...


Sorry for all the shameless mother babble - she just blew me over when she said "symmetrical" this morning. my mind ran away with me...

6 comments:

Pat & Reg said...

Your daughter deserves nothing less than a crown prince. A handsome, very wealthy, humble, monogomous one. When she finds him, hoopefully his dad will be a widower and she can introduce him to me.

Nobody said...

Gosh, isn't it stunning when they throw these terms out. Truly remarkable.

Ok, doesn't the thought of boys just scare the SHIT out of you. My 6 1/2 year old is TOTALLY into girls and it's CREEPING ME OUT! Yikes.

Big Pissy said...

I love it!!!!

I look forward to many more stories like this!

SO CUTE!!! :)

Mouthy Girl said...

My damn comment didn't take the first time, and I'm too ticked to rewrite it. *grouchy*

Short and sweet:
You're great.
Your daughter's great.
The universe will not tilt off its axis tonight.
Love you, sister!

KC said...

I love your "shameless mother babble". Keep it up! I've been known to brag about The Boy here and there too. We can't help it when we have such bright and special children, right?

E said...

I'd think you were a bad parent if you didn't do some shameless Mother babbling! Out of the mouths of babes!