Sunday, March 25, 2007

AMEN


six year old daughter sucks her



she really, REALLY wants one of these






we have refused to purchase this item for almost two years.

*******


so we told her if she would completely stop sucking her







we would buy her one of these


the other night at bedtime
we are saying prayers.
As I was about to utter "Amen" she places
her sweet little hand over my mouth and says
"shhh, shhh. i need to add something.
and God, please help me stop sucking my thumb.
you know how bad i want that barbie laptop."



"Amen"




7 comments:

Not Fainthearted said...

Adorable!

Uh, with help from the guy upstairs, you may be computer shopping pretty soon. ;)

t_cole said...

yep, this i know.=)
she is trying sooooo hard

Anonymous said...

Maggie just asked us if she is *really, really good in Church, can she have a tv in her room?

Joe told her, "Honey, even Jesus doesn't have a tv in *his* room!"

Mouthy Girl said...

Based on that prayer alone, I say she gets the laptop! Priceless!!!

Pat & Reg said...

Ewww. Don't do it! Don't let Barbie into your house. The bitch will take over everything!! I'm sorry I missed you while you were out here. I've been crazy busy and am forcing myself to scale back a bit. Let me know when you'r ecoming out again.

Big Pissy said...

Gabelle sucked her thumb until she was 7 years old....but only in her sleep. She actually had a callus on her thumb!

Oh, and SHE wasn't the one who needed braces later on...it was Little Pissy~who'd never sucked her thumb! *LOL*

Nobody said...

Ahhh bribery... the core of parenthood!

Neither of mine sucked their thumbs, but Little Eden Child was a binky whore!! When he was 3... he gave them all to Santa Claus "for the Baby Elves" (and also for a big fat bribe)... and never looked back.

I want one of those Barbie Laptops too!!!!