Sunday, April 01, 2007

sinking

crystal blue water
the surface above me
ripples moving
rhythmically with the wind
perfectly measured and matched
.
reaching for the surface
my fingers sweep and break through
.
then sinking
.
pulling hard
to reach the surface
.
again
.
prisms of air
life
- my life -
dancing away to the surface
.
my breath
leaving my body
.
involuntarily
at first
.
silent tears flow
mixing with the salt of the sea
.
kicking my feet against the pull from below
my legs are heavy
.
tired
.
screaming out
there is no sound
.
just more air
floating up
above me
.
still sinking
the peaceful life sustaining surface
moving further away
.
reaching out
.
pulling for it
.
the light from above is starting to fade
.
my lungs are empty now
tight
.
can't breath
.
needing to breath
.
can't decide if i want to
.
the dark is absorbing
the light is gone
.
almost peaceful here
.
and at the same time terrifying

5 comments:

Mouthy Girl said...

Know that you are loved. That's all.

*hard hugs*

t_cole said...

tyvm bg

being loved has never been at issue. and i am deeply grateful for yours.

it's being lost that hurts the most...

Anonymous said...

I have faith you'll find your way, thinking of you and wishing you well.

Lots of love,
lil'sis

Big Pissy said...

Sweetie,
I am SO sorry you're having a tough time right now.

I sincerely hope things get better for you soon.

Love and hugs,
Pissy

Anonymous said...

just keep swimming T_Cole!