Friday, April 27, 2007

shall we define irony overkill?

i drive a minivan. don't ask. if you want the whole story, click here.

the state inspection on my minivan has been expired since january of this year

on the way to dropping my son off at Mother's Day Out at the local FIRST BAPTIST CHURCH, a TEXAS STATE TROOPER pulled in behind me. lights a flash'n

I was early for drop off. for once. so all the other moms were pulling in right behind me.

on this particular day i am giving my friend J's daughter, A, a ride to day care. J's hubby is the new preacher at MY church.

so to recap, State Trooper. lights flash'n. FBC of Nowhereville TX. me, my son and my preacher's daughter trying to unload and get into day care. i'm not certain, but i don't think i even brushed my teeth b4 i left home that morning.

so i say sweetly, "Mr. State Trooper, i know why you stopped me. here's my license and insurance card. may i please get my children inside?"

he politely granted my request.

i walk in with son and preacher's daughter. explain to all the wide eyed moms that NO, I was not speeding (this time) and that my inspection sticker was expired...

Kiss Kiss. Bye Bye.

hastily depart.

return outside to sign my non-moving violation.

i jokingly explain to the trooper that my husband is a CERTIFIED STATE INSPECTOR for the great state of TX and he (the state trooper) has absolutely no idea how much hell my hubby is going to catch when he gets home.

Mr. Trooper says "I don't blame you b/c this goes on YOUR record and NOT his."

want just a wee bit more irony...

Mr. Trooper tells me that usually if i get the inspection done in the next ten days they will waive the fine. that I will need to see Judge D in XYZ court.

i actually laughed out loud. Judge D and i teach sunday school together. i have never called him Judge D a time in my life - only by his first name. His wife is one of my dearest friends.

i am still not kidding. there are about 40 ppl TOTAL that go to my church. and one of them happens to be Judge D.

and Judge D has always told us that if any of us (from church) ended up in his court, he'd treat us the same as anyone else that ends up in his court.

so what do i do???

i phone Judge D's office number on the citation as soon as i pull out of the parking lot. oh yes i did.

of course he was not in the office.

sunday morning - at church - i am going to tell him that i know i am not supposed to ask for special treatment or anything....

but if he could lock my husband up for a few days over this little incident, i'd be most grateful.

3 comments:

Big Pissy said...

Makes absolutely perfect sense to me.

t_cole said...

my dearest pissy....
my darling husband sends you A finger. I'll let you guess which one.
Here's a hint...
It's not a NICE one...
love,
tc

Big Pissy said...

....and here I thought we were friends! *LOL*