Saturday, October 29, 2005

78 Days and 3 hours

Until I get to be 16 again - if only for one night.
One of my best girlfriends called me today.
Tells me to mark my calendar for January 15.
I have plans.
BON JOVI IS IN TOWN!!!!!!!!
And she bought four tickets yesterday.
I LOVE THIS FRIEND - almost as much as I love Jon Bon Jovi.

After screaming and yelling and generally dancing from one end of the house to the other, I stop long enuf to explain this erratic behavior to my girls. They start to sob when I tell them NO! they will not be attending! They want to go see Moma's Jon too. This is how they refer to Jon Bon Jovi - "Moma's Jon" - and rest assured I do nothing to discourage this title...

A while later, my DD#2 asks me if I am going to spend the night with Moma's Jon. Simply an innocent question - in her mind. I smile (Smirk) to myself and tell her No. She asks why not. I tell her that he didn't invite me to. She continues by telling me that when I talk to him, I can ask him if it's okay. I assure her that IF talk to him, I certainly will ask him if I can spend the night with him.

It was her idea!

78 days 2 hours and 45 minutes...

No comments: