Monday, October 24, 2005

My Son's First REAL Haircut

This past weekend marked a milestone for one member of our family. My Darling Son got his first real haircut - from a professional hair-cutting person. I say it this way because about two months ago, his father and I attempted to cut his hair and succeeded only in scalping him near bald. So now, he has had his first real haircut and it was documented for posterity.

It's no secret to those who know me that my third child was quite the surprise. I was content going through my life with two daughters. Thought they were the end-all. Had no idea I needed a son. That is, until I had one.

Little boys are such different creatures than little girls. And while I know that all my children love me, my son is the only one that can convey this affection with a simple look in my direction. I remember telling my DH about 6 months ago that it had been a great day - all my kids had told me they loved me. He looked at me quizzically. I rehashed each of the girl's professions of adoration and stopped. He asked about our son. I told my DH that our darling son was sitting on the floor, playing in the den. I walked in, he turned and with every ounce of his being conveyed to me. "I love you Mommy!"

There may come the day when his looks in my direction convey an entirely different message - but the one from that day is imprinted on my heart. And I love you too, son. Posted by Picasa

No comments: