Friday, March 03, 2006

i'm leaving in a minivan

i'm leaving in a minivan
don't know when i'll be sane again
oh babe, i hate to go

our bags are packed
they're by the door
the kids are hyper
who could ask for more
i hate to think of what fun lies ahead

10 hours cramped
in our minivan
three little kids
two puppies on hand
i going to be a basket case by dawn

cause we're leaving in a minivan
don't know when i'll be sane again
oh babe, i hate to go

if you don't know the tune to sing this little ditty too, you are too young to be reading this blog. go now.

i miss you already. loading up in a few to trek to Mississippi for a long weekend to see the folks.

wish me luck. will check in as time allows. miss me terribly.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

safe journey

Big Pissy said...

love that little ditty!

Y'all have fun and be safe!

Pat & Reg said...

Be careful on those roads. There are crazy people out there (and lot's of 'em are in mini vans)

Mouthy Girl said...

Be safe and come back with tons of goodie stories to regale us with here in bloggy land! I'll miss ya, sister!

Polyman2 said...

Nice song.

t_cole said...

we made it.
i have recuperated from the drive - for the most part.
thanks for the well wishes.
keep in mind, we do have to go home to texas at some point.
the good news - i am leaving one puppy and one child here in mississippi.
woohoo.
later ya'll

t_cole said...

Hi Cat!
my 7 yr old daughter is staying with my folks for another week. we delivered the extra puppy to my friend here.
so HOPEFULLY, the trip home will be a bit more, um... peaceful...
i know i just jinxed it by even thinking such.
oh well...

Big Pissy said...

does that mean your parents will bring your daughter back to you? Or do you have to go back to get her?

Who got the puppy?

t_cole said...

Pissy,
will meet my folks half way the following weekend in monroe, La. to pick up the daughter unit.

i picked up a puppy for my girlfriend in Tyler,Tx on the way home. she is now living with her new mommy here in mississippi. so i will return with our puppy ONLY.

Calgon....

Big Pissy said...

Ok...makes sense!

Have fun! ;-)

word verification: "mumpo" hee hee!

I don't know why that's funny to me....

KC said...

Love that song! Now it's going to be stuck in my head. I used to sing it when I worked karaoke.

Glad you had a great trip!

Three Score and Ten or more said...

Been there, done that (with six kids, once with an eight month pregant wife and five kids) Have fun. (I fly now, whenever possible, the seats are uncomfortable, the wait in the airport is terrible, but you don't ever have to pull over for someone to go potty.)