Friday, March 10, 2006

things to come...

i am still not back to work and still without a baby sitter and still have two very active children underfoot. but i have much to tell you so i will give you a brief teaser of things to come...

this is not a teaser and will be the only time i write about this. and if you are in MISSISSIPPI - DO NOT SPEAK OF THIS TO MY DAUGHTER.
our sweet puppy was in an accident yesterday and was killed. she was with hubby in oklahoma. we are heart broken. we will tell our oldest daughter when she comes home from my parent's home next week as to not mar her time spent with her grandparents.

next, i plan to blog about the recovery and rebuilding in mississippi post katrina. it is monumental and on-going. am waiting on pictures from my brother in law - the photographer.

finally the BIG news. hold onto your pants for this one...
my childhood sweetheart and his wife have booked flights and are coming to visit in june. can you say Holy Cow!?! they are going to spend their time in Mississippi and i will drive over to meet them there.
more details and pictures to follow.

today, i am cleaning and organizing my out of control house.
read a few books with the kids.
swing on the swing set
mourn the loss of our baby
keep going...




12 comments:

KC said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your dear puppy! But I'm excited to hear about your upcoming visitors! Cool!

t_cole said...

thanks KC
yes, it is very cool and i am not sure it is possible for me to be any more torn between emotions.
sad for puppy and ecstatic to see my friends.
gives new meaning to "personality disorder"

Big Pissy said...

Oh my God!

Bless your heart, I'm so sorry about your sweet puppy! :(

But I am glad for you that your old sweetheart is coming to visit. I know you'll keep us posted on that.

*hugs*
~Pissy

Nobody said...

ARE YOU FUCKING SERIOUS?!?!?! OMG... can't wait for the blog after the visit!!

So sorry about poochy! Gosh, I couldn't imagine breaking that to my kids...

t_cole said...

yes, i am effing serious!!!!

thank you NWG - for the push in the right direction. you have no idea what this reunion has done - on the positive side of things - for both of us. there's a lot to write. i have to get my head around it first - but i do promise to share - as much as i can.

cat - thanks. hope you have a great weekend too.

pissy - good to 'see' you again. thanks for the good vibes.
btw, love your new office space...

Mouthy Girl said...

T...I'm so sorry about the poochie. Pets of all kinds are considered true family members in my world. I know you'll handle telling your daughter with grace and love.

On a positive note, I'm so happy that you'll be able to make another connection of sorts with History Boy and his wife. *clapping hands*

On the BEST note...I'm SO DAMN GLAD you're back home...albeit with kids and no sitter. Ship those lovelies to VA. They can prance around with Buddha for a couple of days!

Pat & Reg said...

I'm sorry about the little guy. I haven't lost a pet since I was little and don't know how I'd handle it. Since I blubber like an idiot at weddings (unless I think it's a poor match!), I can only imagine what a quivering mass I would be.

Anonymous said...

sorry about your dog

the loss is deep

did you know that two fo the oldest words in human language around the world - from proto-language

are water and dog

dogs are part of the human soul

i have been terribly crushed by the passing of two of my dogs over the years

and will be again when our current dog passes (he's still healthy, though)

i mourn your loss with you

i hope your children are ok

E said...

I am so terribly sorry to hear about your puppy. I can not even imagine.
On the flip side I can't wait for the posts after the visit!!! Can't they come sooner?!?
E

CP said...

t - I'm sorry about your puppy doggie, love. What a shitty thing to have happen. I am still mourning the loss of my german shepherds, Shadow and Brutus. One died when I was 17, the other when I was 27. They are still very much a part of my life and who I am. I loved those doggies like they were my babies. One was murdered, the other died of old age. I miss them just as much today as the day they died. I'm sorry.

CP.

t_cole said...

thanks everyone for your kindness and sympathy.
i am not sure the loss is real just yet. our oldest daughter gets home this saturday and i imagine when we tell her - it will become very real.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.