Sunday, February 18, 2007

did you say something

so i have three kids.
sam. the oldest. just turned 8. special needs.
gets a TON of attention from Mom and Dad.

smith. the youngest. the baby. the only boy.
gets a TON of attention from Mom and Dad.

savvy. the middle child. the drama queen.
with a serious MIDDLE CHILD SYNDROME ACT going on.
ALSO gets a TON of attention from Mom and Dad.

but you'd never know it the way she carries on.
"you've been with him allllll day. it's my turn to have you."
"you think she's prettier than I am."
"she got to go last time. I never get to goooooo"

so here's my theory. I think she thinks she can compensate for this non-existent disparity of parental attention by being the LOUDEST person in the house. OMG this child is loud. she is sooo loud. i can't begin to tell you how loud she is. did i mention that she is loud???

so my mom is visiting. savvy is on one of her tirades. i turn to my mom...
"Mother, honestly, was i that loud when i was a kid?"

my mother replies with all sincerity. "Honestly, t_cole, you are that loud now!"

c'est la vie...

4 comments:

Mouthy Girl said...

*cackling*

I think you and I are soul sisters. You already knew that. I also think Savvy and I are soul sisters.

I've always been the loudest. As a kid. As a bitchy adolescent. As a sister. Daughter. Wife. Mommy. Teacher.

I've had kids come from classrooms, many doors away, telling me how they can hear me "all the way down there, Mrs. T."

Yeah. That's nothing new. My Daddy told me I bellowed.

I love that! Tell Sav to keep it up!

t_cole said...

soul sisters - yeah i knew that.
so when are you bringing your butt down to Texas so the two of us can ROCK THE HOUSE?!

cadbury_vw said...

[given the previous two comments]

[no comment]

Big Pissy said...

Oh, that's funny! *LOL*