Thursday, February 01, 2007

what do you call it...

when i get a craving for something - like in the fall of the year when the air turns crisp, i get a longing to go the mountains of Colorado. i call this yearning "mountain-itis" As in "I got a bad case of mountain-itis. Can we go to Vail this weekend?"

when one of my kids is clingy beyond belief and will not leave my shadow, i call that "mommy-itis."

so over Christmas at my parent's house, my son, Smith, developed a severe case of mommy-itis. had to carry him or hold his hand 24/7. my mom was mentioning it and we agreed he had an acute case of mommy-itis. Savvy, my five year old, overheard this comment and misunderstood the slang.

she calls it The Mommy Virus.

So now, when he clings and demands all my attention....

"Uh Oh! Smith's got the Mommy Virus again."



yep, i just had to write that one down...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

that's funny!

i'm telling that to my friends

Big Pissy said...

Hahahaha!!!!

I like it! *LOL*

Mouthy Girl said...

Classic stuff! I also loved the breast feeding rant below! AMEN, sister! Until MEN have to incubate and provide direct nourishment to children who cannot provide for themselves, they can have a nice, big cup of shut the fuck up.

Anonymous said...

Hey Aunt Tracey... It's Brandon. So, I'm at Kennesaw State University now... not living on campus, just attending. I did a google search on my name and my comment that i left on your blog last year popped up. So, now that i've been reminded of your exsitance i would like to honor it and say hello and howdy'do? I miss ya'll so much and want to know when you're comin' back... ? DO i have to graduate again for you to come back? ... i know... i'm supposed to come to you this time... yada yada yada... I'd LOVE TO!! but... i don't know why i haven't.. so ... just visit my site (please)... and then send an e-mail to bmccrav2@students.kennesaw.edu and we'll chat... luv ya! buh-bye!

Anonymous said...

oh, and funny "mommy-itis"... my mom gets "child-itis"...