Tuesday, January 30, 2007

so we're all on the same page

dog that just turned a year old is still not house trained. apparently this is my fault since i am home with her all day every day. regardless of the fact that i have never house trained a dog in my life. please do not offer advice on this - i get way more than enough of that from my husband.



not only have i not successfully house trained a dog, i have three kids and have not successfully potty trained any of them. don't get me wrong - the older two go on the potty. still wear pull-ups at night, but go through the motions during the days. but i didn't teach them this. i just said to them, "here's the potty. what you have been depositing in your diaper, put it here instead." and i left them alone. eventually, they got it. drove my poor mother in law batty. and i do mean OffTheWall batty.



but the boy child - the one that turns three next month. diapers - 24/7. the only use he has for the toilet is to wash his hands in. thanks, no, i don't want advice on this either. eventually it will make my mother in law batty and she will do something about it. that or he will go to first grade in diapers and we all know that ain't gonna happen.



still no baby sitter. my father has once again come to texas to rescue me. i love that man. he cooks, cleans and runs kids around. PLUS he works for free. he bought a one way ticket to fly out here. and while i like to think this means he can and will stay as long as i need him - the reality is that he can grab his bag and leave whenever he has had enough. so far, i am on my really good behaviour. cannot say the same for my offspring. luckily they are his grandchildren and he tends to cut them a bit of slack.



read this article about breastfeeding in public. Americans - as a whole - are so freaked out about women's breasts. i do not get it. i breastfed all my babies. till they started biting me - then i put them out in the back yard and let them scavenge for themselves. (ever been bit on the nipple? you'd do the same!)



and while i was as discrete as possible - i nursed in private. i nursed in public. i nursed in front my dad, my brothers, my brothers in law, my pa in law, my girlfriends, their husbands. no wait - i nursed when AND WHERE my babies were hungry. OH YEAH! THAT'S WHY WE PULL OUR BOOBS OUT - to feed our babies. "no, I will not go feed my infant child sitting on a toilet in a nasty public bathroom. Why? You go eat your lunch in there??? be my guest."



no, i do not judge women who can not or do not breast feed their babies. i am not a lactation nazi. but holy crapping cow people - shut up and let the mothers feed their babies - however, whenever and where ever that baby needs nourishment!



BTW - KUDO's to Nordstroms for having the absolute best nursing rooms for mothers.



my son got a hair cut the other day. a real hack job. poor kid. i kept my calm through out the whole ordeal by telling myself over and over, "it's just hair. it'll grow back. it'll grow back"



speaking of hair, my mom was here right after Christmas. we had loaded up the kids and were on our way to town for some shopping. mom casually points out that i did not brush my kids hair before we left home. without pause i tell her, "school and church, mom. school and church." otherwise, if they want their hair done, they have to ask. and they won't ask. you know how they say "pick your battles." this ain't one of them.



okay. i think that's it for today.
i feel better now.






3 comments:

Pat & Reg said...

I'm so glad you're back! How the heck are you? Did you get my email about he new address of the blog?

t_cole said...

hi Reg. Yes, I have you new addy. just got to go dig it out.
I am fine - a bit batty - nothing new.
Hey, looks like i am coming back out your way sometime in the near future. Will let you know when. Up for dinner again?
t

Big Pissy said...

Your parents are soooooooo good!

Lucky you! :)