Tuesday, January 23, 2007

so i had this dream last night

Jimmy and Rosalyn Carter were guest speakers. (I love them)

I must have been some sort of college graduation - as we were in a very large auditorium.

I saw Ronald Regan leaving as I was getting there. Apparently my subconscious is not aware of his death.

The big news is that Oprah was there. In my dream. She has made appearances in my dream world several times in the past. And each time, she knows who I am. Not like we are best buds or anything - but she recognizes me and always calls me by name. Same thing last night. In the middle of the speechs and stuff she approaches me and wants me to help her unpackage and assemble a baby stroller for a doll. So I do. Go figure?!

Then I go back to the Green Room with her and Tom and Katy (Cruise) are there. I proceed to tell him very politely (okay, not so politely) what an idiot he is and if he does not believe in better mental living through pharmaceuticals he should come spend a month at my house with just me and my daughter. That would certainly convert his way of thinking or KILL him. My daughter and i in the same house for a month with neither of our meds - he would bash his own head in with pots and pans.

But back to Oprah. I just love her. I never watch her show any more. No time. But I do splurge and read her magazine when possible. I love that she is from Kosciusko, Mississippi. a home girl. I love that she is made person - successful because her own merits and hard work. and rich beyond my wildest dreams. and a HUGE philanthropist. Whenever I have caught her show, I almost ALWAYS agree with her opinions - and when not - I have very good food for thought. She battles her weigh and self image. i relate to that.

I have not developed an opinion on the girls school she just opened in Africa. i know there is controversy surrounding it. i just have not had the time to do adequate reading and research to form my own thoughts on the matter.

regardless, i love Oprah and what she stands for. i just know that if i ever meet her in real life - i will be crushed when she does not recognize me and call me by name...

6 comments:

Big Pissy said...

I used to love Oprah.

I subscribed to her magazine and read it cover to cover.

I am officially over her now.

Don't hate me!

t_cole said...

you'll have to tell me why sometime.
i still love you!
t

Anonymous said...

I used to have the same thing going with Linda McCartney.

I think the criticism of Oprah's girls' school is a little sour grapes, but I also need to do more reading to be sure.

The Tom Cruise thing is spot on. The man clearly hasn't had the life experience necessary for him to pull his head out of his...well, you know.

cadbury_vw said...

[i like oprah]

[shhh - don't tell]

t_cole said...

[won't tell a soul, C. your secret is safe with me.]

nfh - Linda McCartney. Now that's one i had not heard. interesting.
any dreams?
TC is just a nut and further proof that some people SHOULD be medicated to spare the rest of us their idiocy.
And I used to LOVE him...
oh well.

Mouthy Girl said...

1. I LOATHE Tom Cruise and think his misguided mouth has only helped MOST people see past the stigma of depression and mental illness as a whole. He's the sicko. If I saw him in the green room, I'd have to tell him to fuck a rock.

2. My Sis is preaching the truth. The Big O was very pleasant when she met her. I think there are some instances when O rubs me the wrong way, but I simply cannot fault a woman who's risen above poverty, lack of role models, racism, sexual abuse, loss of a child, and weight/food issues. She's made of some STRONG stuff!