Wednesday, December 26, 2007

And to all a good night...

t'was a busy holiday at our house.

shopping - groceries to feed 27 in-laws on Christmas Eve

chopping - food prep to feed 27 in-laws at my house

wrapping - no explanation necessary

cleaning - so the in-laws couldn't call me a total slob

threatening lives - the typical "Santa is WATCHING you" threat did not make a dent in my kid's behaviour for the entire month of December. I finally resorted to "IF YOU DO NOT BEHAVE I WILL SELL WHATEVER TOYS SANTA BRINGS YOU ON EBAY!"

This got their attention...

for about five minutes...

A wonderful holiday was had by all. I made huge pots of homemade seafood gumbo*, jambalaya with fresh beer bread and mexican cornbread for Christmas Eve. I'd rather do this than cook a traditional turkey dinner. And it was all a big hit.

*Note to self - when the Crab Boil says Concentrated, BELIEVE it.

So it's a little late, but Merry Christmas to all
And to all, a good night.


Smith - Christmas afternoon.

so tired, he couldn't even stay awake to play...

7 comments:

Mouthy Girl said...

That is the sweetest damn picture in the world!

Amazing list of feats there, sister! You guys were in my thoughts when all of the nieces and nephews were teaching Buddha how to tear the shit out of Christmas gifts.

Talk soon! Glad you made it through the holiday with such amazing hostess skills. Ha!

PS
Love the ebay threat. I'll have to remember that one for next year!

Three Score and Ten or more said...

My kids were mostly here too, of course the youngest one is thirty eight, and the only ones who didn't show are the ones who are in your shoes (young kids).

Crab boil, Cajun Gunpowder, none of them are concentrated enough for me. I don't do many crabs, but with shrimp and low country boil, I double dose.

Amber said...

What a sweet picture. I am glad you had a good Christmas. I agree, we don't always do "traditional" when it comes to holiday food.

Have a great New Year!

Rick said...

The photo says it all. Sometimes even having fun can be more exhausting than one can stand.

http://organizeddoodles.blogspot.com/

Big Pissy said...

Awwwwww....

love the picture!

so sweet! :)

Ms. Junie said...

Christmas tires all of us out! :) Glad you all survived and had a good one. It's always good to move on though isn't it? :)

Lipstick Jungle said...

OMG, I am not kidding you, I thought I was looking at my own son in this picture! I had to show it to my husband. I think we have the same child. I cant get over it!!!

The only difference, my son (who has to be your sons doppleganger) would be sleeping next to trains!

lo