Monday, December 03, 2007

MEME for Scarlett Wanna Be

Missy Scarlett Wanna Be tagged me for seven random things about myself. (go check her out, BTW. I feel we are kindred spirits in that she is Scarlett Wanna Be and I consider myself a Modern Day Scarlett. She's a great writer and funnier than hell, too!)

And since I am busier than a one armed paper hanger, i am cheating and copying an old post. It has been updated and is completely current. (forgive me SWB) Many more than seven...

(be careful what you ask for...)


  1. i will be 40 in February
  2. i do not believe in astrology signs
  3. i do believe in God, heaven and hell.
  4. i had a Disney childhood - stay at home Mom, Dad owned his own business- home for lunch several days a week. Perfect Grandparents. Vacations in Florida at the beach every summer. to the farm on the weekends for horseback riding and picnics.
  5. i was loved completely and unconditionally by my parents.
  6. still am.
  7. my mom and i hated each other when i was a teenager
  8. my dad hated both of us during this time
  9. he won't admit it
  10. my mom and husband were in the delivery room when my first daughter was born.
  11. my mom, husband and my dad were in the delivery room when my second daughter was born.
  12. my mom, husband, dad, cousin, brother-in-law and favorite next door neighbor were in the delivery room when my son was born.
  13. we like parties
  14. i have no modesty. none.
  15. i had a tubal ligation after the third child
  16. i was off the pill for three weeks when i got pregnant with my son.
  17. my son was the surprise of my life but i wanted him more than i ever thought possible
  18. i ate krispy creme doughnuts the night before my son was born and lied to the nurse about having eaten after midnight.
  19. i don't mind shots
  20. except in the mouth
  21. i have two younger, good looking, hard working brothers. the 30 year old is not married - let me know if you're available and interested. i will post pictures. he will kill me for this.
  22. everyone in my immediate family has a college degree.
  23. my current career has NOTHING to do with my degree
  24. i have wanderlust in my blood and MUST travel on a semi-regular basis
  25. i went to Nicaragua when i was 9 years old
  26. i remember first shooting a gun before I was 7 years old
  27. i have been dove hunting
  28. i never want to go again
  29. i was and will always be a band geek - saxophone
  30. i had the lead role in Arsenic and Old Lace and several other stage productions in college
  31. i lived in Vail Colorado for two FABULOUS years straight out of college
  32. i then spent seven of the most miserable months of my life in Baltimore, Maryland
  33. i then moved back in with my parents
  34. i love the snow and all snow-related activities - skiing, sledding, snowball fights, snow angels, snowmobiling - but my most favorite thing - is to just sit quietly and watch it fall from the heavens.
  35. i have had my heart broken more times than i can count
  36. the first time - i was 11. he was 12. true puppy love. and his family moved from mississippi to oregon
  37. i am scared to swim in the ocean because of Jaws
  38. i am generous to a fault
  39. i am in the process of applying to my health insurance for bariatric surgery
  40. i love my kids to pieces but sincerely believe i am a mediocre mom
  41. i am impaired when it comes to balancing my checkbook
  42. i have never ever, not even once done any illegal drugs. misused Mini Thins for awhile, but nothing beyond that
  43. i have an addictive personality - which helps explain why i never had the guts to try drugs.
  44. lost my virginity when i was 18 - to a guy 10 years older than me - who later slept with my best girl-friend. i hope he rots in hell. and if she's there with him, all the better.
  45. i don't usually hold grudges, with the exception of #44.
  46. i am not a jealous person. if you don't want to be with me - go.
  47. i can drive a stick shift. my granddad taught me how to drive one - three on the tree.
  48. i have been to a NASCAR race - camped at the track - and actually had a pretty good time doing it.
  49. i met Whoopie Goldberg when i was a Sr in High School and she was AWESOME.
  50. i have had backstage passes to several concerts.
  51. one of my most favorite hobbies/past times has always been to seek out people as different from me as possible and pick their brains, get to know them, find out what makes them tick. almost always found that we weren't so different after all
  52. i would like to be a groupie - for bon jovi
  53. i love/lust jon bon jovi and would cheat on my husband with him if ever given the opportunity. husband knows this.
  54. i came within seconds of proposing marriage to a complete stranger once. was backstage after JesusChrist SuperStar - with the original broadway cast. told my mom that if i met the amazingly beautiful man playing judas iscariot i would ask him to marry me. we met. i told him my plans for a proposal. He flashed his mega-watt, flirtatious smile and tells me he is waiting for the proposal and i chickened out... dammit dammit dammit
  55. i am not shy. do not have a shy bone in my body. can talk to a fence post. and have.
  56. i talk too much
  57. was elected Most Outgoing my FRESHMAN year of High School
  58. i have reconnected with numerous high school friends on FaceBook. i love them more than i ever remembered liking them.
  59. i am a speed reader
  60. i like to sing karaoke and have actually won a few contests
  61. i have no tolerance for prejudice, bigotry, homophobia or stupidity
  62. i found my first gray hair when i was 13 and have been a loyal follower of Ms Clairol ever since i was 19.
  63. i can ride a horse - western and english
  64. i met my husband at a funeral
  65. i was a bartender at one time. i still mix a mean margarita.
  66. i am too emotional for my own good
  67. i have worked for the same company for over 11 years
  68. i have a current and updated resume and it is not padded at all
  69. i work most days in my PJs
  70. i breast fed all three of my babies
  71. my oldest daughter is a special needs child
  72. i was a journalism major my first 2 1/2 years of college - but they insisted i be concise in my writing. concise is not in my repertoire...
  73. my friends, especially from childhood, say i have impeccable phone manners
  74. i make really good homemade guacamole
  75. i love love love shoes and have 10+ pairs of black shoes alone.
  76. fire-engine red toe nails - year round
  77. no tattoos or unusual body piercings - except that my left ear is pierced twice and my right ear isn't. did it in Jr. high. never use the second hole any more...
  78. i had braces on my teeth as a child. didn't wear the head-gear or retainers so I had them again as an adult - and paid for them out of my own pocket.
  79. i love seafood - any kind - any way
  80. i can shuck oysters with the best of them
  81. i know how to eat crawfish. pinch the tails and suck the heads. yes, that's really how you do it
  82. i make a kick-ass version of my Grandma's seafood gumbo
  83. i believe in UFOs
  84. i laugh out loud in movies
  85. i love scary movies and talk to the characters in the film - such as "DON'T OPEN THAT DOOR!" or "RUN!"
  86. i love being on the water
  87. i eat my steaks rare
  88. my son's first name is my maiden name. he is named for my father.
  89. i know how to sew
  90. my great grandfather shot and killed a man in self defense
  91. my absolute most favorite thing in the entire planet is a long, hot, smell-good, uninterrupted bath
  92. i haven't been to the bathroom by myself in my own home for almost 9 years
  93. i am really good at it but i loathe ironing clothes
  94. i believe shopping is a sport
  95. i am a hopeless romantic
  96. i drive too fast
  97. my parents sent me away from Small Town Mississippi for 9 summers in a row when i was growing up to show me that there is a big world out there. that and to just get rid of me.
  98. five of those summers, i worked at Six Flags Over Georgia, in rides. best five summers of my life.
  99. i have no idea how to program the time on my VCR
  100. i believe you can have it all - just not at the same time...

6 comments:

Mouthy Girl said...

You're one of the very few whose list I've read from beginning to end. I don't think I'd be able to come up with a list as interesting, honest, and deep as yours.

I love you and your list!

Amber said...

Thanks for playing and also (blushing) thanks for the compliment.

Girl I also feel like we are kindred spirits, even more so now that I see how much we have in common.

Red toe nails
love parties
no modesty
never ever done illegal drugs
not shy
shopping as a sport
oh so many!!!!!

I enjoyed reading about all your bits and pieces!!!

Wien. said...

Man you are brave, and a talented writer and have led a good life. It would take me f o r e v e r to sit down and write a list of 100 things that I wouldn't mind everyone knowing about me.
I enjoyed your post.
W.

CaptMyron said...

36?
-childhood sweetheart

t_cole said...

CM -
Yeah, I'm talking about you again. You think that just b/ you don't email or IM me that I would just forget about you. (rolling eyes)
A girl would like more than a POKE on FB sometimes, ya know!
BTW, Sam wants to know EXACTLY when you and yours will be here this summer. The countdown has begun.

Pat & Reg said...

Sheeesh! A few things? You are sooooo Scarlett. I think we should create another blog just for you and your favorite things!!! :) How was you Turkey Day?