Wednesday, September 03, 2008

A Day At the Lake

This is the before picture.
There is no after picture.

So let me tell you ALL about it.

Family day at the lake. All six of us (including au pair extraordinaire). Add Boat, Extra Large Bum Buster. Shake and Stir.

Savvy and Au Pair take a spin. It looks FUN!
Momma talks Smith into taking a spin.
Smith agrees.
Smith has fun.
Momma has fun.
They laugh.
They wave.
Daddy drives too fast.
Daddy crosses wake of other boat
Momma and Smith bounce.
They bounce A LOT.
They bounce out of the Bum Buster and skim across the surface of the lake like a rock skipping on a pond.
Momma had the presence of mind to grab Smith from behind and hold him close to her chest whilst skipping across lake.
When skipping ceases, Mom and Smith are found bobbing in lake - miles from any shore.
Smith would be the one screaming bloody murder.
Momma would be the one laughing like a lunatic,
trying to convince Smith that this was FUN.
Momma turns Smith around in the water to face her.
Smith glares at Momma with a look that indicates that he had NO IDEA WHATSOEVER that coming out of the Bum Buster was even a remote possibility.
Smith was returned to the boat.
Momma was dragged onto the boat.

For the rest of the day, Smith told everyone that the next time we go to the lake, he is going to Mema's house.

Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Big Pissy said...

hee hee!

Anonymous said...

hahahahaha....I love that he never thought it was possible, that is so my Izzy as well! Human skipping rocks, yes I've skipped myself before, it always takes my breath away and then I laugh till I can't laugh anymore once I'm done skipping...glad you had fun! Hope Smith recovers:)

Wien. said...

That was too funny. I hate it when I can't help from laughing at my children's bloody murder screams. It's what mom's do.

So, did you have to dig your bathing suit out from secret places after skipping like a rock? I'm sure I would have...

Too much fun!!!!!!

W.