Thursday, September 18, 2008

One week left...

Until the new au pair arrives. Also from Germany.

I have finally leveled off on the emotions and quit crying every time au pair extraordinaire text messages me. I am finding my way without her. It still just sucks. And reminds me greatly how much she added to our family.

But on we go.

My Mom came out this week to help and next week Dad will be here. Last week the in-laws pulled Grand Kid Duty. God bless them all...

I am worried about the expectations thing with the new au pair. I mean, how do you top perfect?

I know, I know, different is okay. And the local coordinator told me I need to wipe the slate clean - start fresh. No expectations. okay. makes sense.

But come on, people. I am human.

But I am trying.

I need my kids to try too - so they don't have her run screaming for the first flight out of Texas in the first 24 hours...

This is going to be so much fun.

I am smiling, dammit...


2 comments:

Wien. said...

I'll be thinking all kinds of good stuffs for you and the kiddos. I have a feeling that you'll make her feel just as loved and at home as your last Au Pair. Just think of it as your family is growing, year by year.
Why is it that they can't stay longer anyway? Who made that dumb rule?
Hugs of support.
W.

Mouthy Girl said...

I'm sending good karma, luck, prayers, et al your way. I'd hate to be in your shoes, however, if anyone can make this work, it's YOU.

BTW, I freaking accidentally speed dialed YOU the other night. When you called back I was on long-distance with my madre while stuck in horror traffic! I'll make good on a phone call another day, woman!