Sunday, July 22, 2007

confessions of a muggle...


i know what a bezoar is for.
i know where Madame Pomfrey works.
i know who founded the house of Slytherin.
i know what Harry's Godfather gave him on his first birthday.
i know how to free a house elf.
i know what the Gryfindor house colors are.
i know how to make a patronous charm. (can't do it - but i know how)
i know what polyjuice potion is for.
i know the name of Hagrid's dog.
i know the difference between a blugger and a quaffle.
i know Lupin's secret.
i know how to get to the Shreaking Shack.

and i know how the seventh Potter book ends.
read it in 8 hours yesterday - then went back and re-read the last 100 pages again - to make sure i didn't miss anything. and because i didn't really want it to be over...

thank you, Ms. Rowling.
it's been a FABULOUS adventure.

i wouldn't have missed it for the world.





9 comments:

Big Pissy said...

Wow! I'm impressed!

I read the first 4 Harry Potter books and haven't read any since.

I loved those 4. :)

t_cole said...

Pissy - I am officially not speaking to you. ~grin~
I am too jealous of your trips to New Orleans, New York and then there's that perfect Ban Du Soiel tan thing you got going...
tc

Anonymous said...

I'm not done yet, just over halfway there though, I find I reading this one slower b/c I know it's the last, darnit! J.K Rowling rocks, I absolutely enjoy her writing....btw, on Friday night at 11:45 pm, I took my 2 oldest, Emily (9) and Gabe (7) out to the Harry Potter book release party, we stayed out till 1am, got our books, had Harry Potter Treacle cake, treats and Potions at the party, with Gryfindoor balloons decorating the book store, lots of folks dressed up, it was so much fun. They told me they'd remember that night for a long time, good stuff sista!

lots of love,
lil'sis

cadbury_vw said...

i haven't read any of the books

i wanted to

but reading novels again is one of those things i need to re-integrate into my life

thank-you for more inspiration

Anonymous said...

Just got my copy today.
Can't wait to put the kids down & settle in for this one.

KC said...

I made the social faux pas of asking my son "so, who died?" after he finished the book. He seriously would not speak to me because he said I was being flippant about something that meant a lot to him. Hours later, he did give in and give me the skinny of what happened. And yes, I apologized for my bad behavior toward his beloved book.

t_cole said...

KC
(GASP!)
I cried like a baby toward the end.
Tell your son to let you read the part where Harry goes to the Forbidden Forest.
and then i cried AGAIN when i reread the last 100 pages.
And ask him if Mrs Weasley ROCKS?!
(she so does!)

Cat - put the babies down...

Cadbury - it's worth the effort...
(my expert opinion)

Lil Sis - If my kids were older - i'd have done the same thing. As it was, I was out the door at 6:15 AM on Saturday morning to WalMart to get my copy. Back home by 8 and reading...

insanemagnetgirl said...

That is SOO not fair, I have to wiat for my mom to finish and we got it at midnight.. she's such a slow reader.. .=[

t_cole said...

hey K!
i'd send you my copy but by the time i got it to you, your mom will be done...
And then you'd have to shuck out the bucks to send me my copy back...
c'est la vie, baby!
MISS YOU AND LOVE YOU!
auntie T!