Friday, July 20, 2007

do the math...

i just did.

counted the days. weeks.

FIVE more weeks until school starts back in the great state of texas

lord give me strength

something about the state tourism board making a stink last year about the school year starting too early and businesses losing a lot of tourist dollars so the start of school is later this year.

there is a directly proportional increase in the number of Valium scripts written for the parents of school age kids.

and my summer babysitter is no more.

been interviewing au pair candidates like crazy. apparently, none of them want to come to TX. that or i just come across as a bitch. who knows, could easily be both...

my oldest daughter comes home from Mississippi tomorrow. for the first time in four months, I will have all three kid at home. and while i am thrilled beyond words (SERIOUSLY) to see my baby girl again, i am mortified at having all of them home again.

the three together bring new meaning to sibling rivalry. and i know i deserve this. i do. but it still brings me to my knees.

you know what they say...
God ain't going to give you more than you can handle.
yep, that's actually a paraphrase of a biblical verse.
Mother Teresa replied - I just wish he didn't trust me so much...

I can relate.

Five weeks and counting...

MF'ing TX Tourism Board!

2 comments:

cadbury_vw said...

brutal

having stayed home while working from home with just two kids...

my friend the engineer said "The work involved with another child is not an arithmetic progression, it's logarithmic" (powers of ten).

May God give you strength

Mouthy Girl said...

Haaaaaaa! Cole, you have my sympathies. I've been doing some work from home this summer (NOT teaching related) and have considered shoving slivers of bamboo into my ears a few times.

Let's hope the au pair interviews yield a plethora (or at least ONE) great candidate.

*crossing fingers as a shine of hope*