Monday, July 30, 2007

pro choice AND anti-abortion

the two are not mutually exclusive.

i am vehemently, loudly and HUGELY Pro Choice. My body. My family. My choice.

i am also, on an extremely personal level, anti-abortion.

and i feel no contradiction whatsoever...

so what would i choose?
i choose to NOT have an abortion.

yes, this belief has been tested in my life. i know first hand, up-close-and-personal the decision i would make when presented with a HUGELY unplanned pregnancy.

but the crux is - it is my choice! not the suits in DC. not the well meaning folks carrying the signs with pictures of aborted fetuses and especially not Supreme Court Justice Kennedy's. that man is stuck in the Leave It To Beaver mentality. he's down right scary!

so why the rant, tcole?

i love Anna Quindlen. have for years. her books. her Op-Ed pieces. she always makes me think. and this article is no exception. it is some good thought-provoking writing.

and no matter what side of the fence you sit on - you need to be prepared to address the argument she raises in this editorial.






4 comments:

cadbury_vw said...

i just sent this article to a swack of my "business" associates

thanks

kim said...

great piece!

Big Pissy said...

What a great piece!

I too love Anna Quindlen. I've read most of her books.

She makes excellent points in her editorial.

Thanks for the link.

SignGurl said...

I wholeheartedly agree with being pro-choice and anti-personal abortion. I think there are quite a few of us out there.