Friday, January 25, 2008

voices inside my head...

I got my first iPod back in December.
And I love it. Have had more fun playing with it.

There have always been certain male singers that really Do It For Me.
And having them serenade me in my ear like this is really Doing It For Me.
Silly little thing. Yes, I Know.
But hey, it makes me very happy, et al. And I'll take all the happy, et al I can get.

Throughout my life there have been singers. voices. that to me, had an certain essence to them.
a sensual, feral characteristic that always appealed to me on a very visceral level.

in other words - listening to them really Does It For Me.


It's not their looks or necessarily, the lyrics. it is simply The Voice.

And who are these voices, you ask?



You might be surprised...

First is
Steve Perry of Journey. Any song will do. I just happen to like this video...






Next, Dennis DeYoung original lead singer of Styx. LOVE him!
Again, no particular song. In fact, some of my favorite tunes from him are the lesser known ones that didn't get real air time and wouldn't make the Styx Greatest Hits album.





and wrapping up my list today is a newcomer, relatively speaking.

I have been an admiring fan of his acting for years. and due to that admiration, I had to see the movie Rent. and then I had to have the soundtrack. which is now on my ipod and Jesse L. Martin croons in my ears daily. and this guy - I do LIKE to look at. I like it a lot (blushing)



So there you have it.


the voices in my head.

and what they Do For Me...






7 comments:

Shelley Jaffe said...

Mmmm. Mama loves her some Jesse L. Martin. Until I saw Rent, I considered him just eye candy. Now he's the whole damn candy store!

As for Steve Perry and Dennis DeYoung, I enjoy these fine men in the privacy of my car. My 2 teenaged sons would ridicule me from here to eternity if they only knew.

Rock on, iPod Mama!

Lipstick Jungle said...

Steve Perry... I dont know what it is about him. He's not all that attractive, but his voice can take me to places that no one else can take me too! I am every woman in every song he sings.

Really, I am! hehehehe

If only my name were Sherry!

Lipstick Jungle said...

My other "Do it for me" is Chad Kroger of Nickelback/Santana. He's young, but man...

Big Pissy said...

*sigh*

yeah.....they'd do it for me too... ;-)

Wien. said...

Sorry, musically challenged here. I like various artists, but don't know much about these new hotty types...maybe it's time I expand my horizons a bit.
W.

Pat & Reg said...

I lvoe Steve Perry and Journey. When I worked in Hollywood, one of the computer saavy servers had hooked up the stereo system so that we could listen to an ipod after closing. I and my friend Erin would ROCK to Journey. All the younger servers thought we were nuts. They just don't know.

I love my video Ipod but have you seen the new Ipod touch? The screen is huge and you can surf the web if you're near wifi which is alsmost everywhere here in metropolitan areas of California. I have a friend who works for Apple and he has all the latest gadgets and it makes me green with envy. I really want an Ipod touch. I can get one for the price I paid for my two year old Ipod video with 30 GB and get triple the GB. I can't justify the expense though.

Amber said...

I get slutty the minute I hear Otis Redding. I think it is because of Dirty Dancing.