Saturday, May 05, 2007

the last good thing i remember

let's see...

oh yes, jon bon jovi on AI.
and wasn't he good?!
i LOVE that song. talk about seductive. HELLO

other than that...

i had my first root canal this week

got the email from hell from my brother with unsolicited, half-informed, well-intentioned (i'm sure) advice on how to live my life, how to raise my kids, which house to buy and to point out that i obviously have a problem with Rx drugs and alcohol. yep. i think that covers most of it. Oh yeah, and i think he told me i should get some help. thanks bro. just what i needed to send me right back to the pits of emotional hell.

i guess the shrink and the psychologist i have been seeing for going on 18 months don't count. who knew???

next time you want to share the love, DON'T.

i either have some sort of ulcer or gall bladder attack going on b/c i have been hurting since the wee hours of thursday morning in my upper gut. sometimes dull burning - sometimes stabbing. no, nothing i have tried seems to help. 'cept lying in bed with the heating pad on high, moaning, some Lortab and a beer chaser. *rolling eyes*

yes, i have tried everything. no, i am not going to the ER. the last time i went they made me get nekkid, ran all kids of tests, told me it was all in my head and charged me way too much for all of it.

my dearest hometown girlfriend - that is a paper or two away from being a nurse practitioner - suggested last night that i drink this stuff - that she made me buy like 6 months ago - to clear out my guts.

she says to me, "t_cole, you're probably full of sh*t. drink XYZ and call me in the morning." now SHE can get away with saying stuff like that to me.

so i finally get to sleep and my phone rings at 2:11 AM. when your phone rings at 2:11 AM and one of your children is NOT under your roof - you levitate. hubby and i both did. as savvy is still in mississippi with my parents.

someone named something from some home security service tells me that my bestest city girlfriend's home alarm was tripped and when they called her house, the person at the house gave the wrong code and they have dispatched the police to said girlfriend's house.

me - Why are you calling me?
she - You are listed as her contact person.
me - I am?
she - Yes.
me - And what am I supposed to do now?
she - I don't know.

seriously folks.

i am like 1.5 hours drive away from her so it's not like i can run around the corner and check on her and her house.

CRAP! literally (thanks to the junk other GF had me drink) and figuratively.

so then it occurs to me. my 2 AM mind starting to spin......

this goof-ball friend of mine came home - shall we say "tipsy" - tripped the alarm, gave the wrong code, and now the police are coming to lock her up.

so i jump out of bed - OUCH - stomach - OUCH - stomach - OUCH - looking for my purse and cell phone, call GF and her hubby answers.

i tell him the police are on the way to his house. he says WHAT?!

so i give him the quick run-down on my call with whomever she was, he starts laughing and says "i guess i better go wait out front for the cops."
i tell him as i hang up -"TAKE SOME ID WITH YOU!"

i still hurt. my tummy and my heart.

but in some wicked weird way am so flattered that i am her security company contact.

i guess that's a good thing too.




2 comments:

Big Pissy said...

I know it probably wasn't supposed to be funny, but I giggled a few times while I read this.

Feel better soon, sweetie! :)

Not Fainthearted said...

I had the laproscopic gall bladder adventure about 5-6 years ago. I 100% totally support your statement that the gall bladder and post surgery pain (but especially the attacks) are WAY WAY WAY WAY worse than delivering 2 babies with over 20 hours of labor and perineal tearing. Way worse.

And I can't believe they didn't send you home with pain reliever for recovery. I loved my oxycodine (and totally understand why someone would get addicted to that!)

Congrats on making it through. Feel better soon.