Wednesday, June 20, 2007

you have got to be kidding me

i don't usually do this here. in fact, i have been instructed to NOT blog about my hubby in the event that he ever decides to run for public office one day. uh, yeah. right.

but he started it. you be the judge - tell me if i am over reacting here.

last night as i crawl into bed, he tells me he has a new ring tone on his new cell phone specifically for me (when i phone him). so i pick up the house phone and call his cell. it rings - a normal ring.

he says, "No, call me from your cell phone"

so i did.

and you know what ring tone he assigned to my cell phone number -

"I like Big Butts and I can not lie..."

do not laugh!
at least not where i can hear you.

i was so beyond pissed. i don't even recall what i said to him.
i do know he ended up sleeping on the couch and did not say good bye to me this morning.

any thoughts???
*************************************************************************
RETRACTION:
After an entire night and day of being really pissed at the hubby, he came home last night and in the course of our heated conversation revealed that the above mentioned ring tone was used for ALL incoming calls (except the house phone).

OHHHHHH!!!! we both say in unison. so he's off the hook.

and i will remove this post in about 24 hours - just wanted to set the record straight before i did.

*****************************************************************
POST POST RETRACTION:
Hubby came home from work yesterday and had me call his cell phone from my cell phone.
and what did it play? Just for me?
Brown Eyed Girl by Van Morrison. my self professed life long theme song.

i do believe he is out of the woods now...



9 comments:

Wien. said...

Well, I guess I'd have to consider the source. If my ex would have done that, he would have meant it to be hurtful. Long history here of abusive behavior.

If my man today put a ba donk a donk butt song on his phone, first I'd be in shock that he actually figured that out, then I'd laugh along with him.

I think anytime someone is hurt, such as you were this time, an appology is due.

Are there any songs about small penises you could find out there to put on your cell? That might knock his boots off, put a little empathy in his camp.

t_cole said...

Yes, I agree wien, context is everything. and in general, i don't think he intended it to be mean or hurtful - just funny.
but he works with all men in an industry known for objectifying women. and i can just imagine his phone ringing (with that song) at work and him going - oh, it's just the wife.
THAT hurts me.

btw - LOL on the small penis song. love the idea! thanks!

Big Pissy said...

Oooohhhh....knowing that he works in an industry which objectifies women puts an entirely new spin on this.

He needs to change the ring tone.

Pronto.

Wien. said...

I agree with pissy, if he doesn't change it, don't call him anymore until he does.

That's not nice.

Big Pissy said...

Thanks for posting the retraction.

I feel better for you now. :)

Mouthy Girl said...

*FUCKING DYING LAUGHING*

He can change MY incoming ringtone to the big ass song.

However, I am NOT telling my HG about this story. Somehow...hearing the song about my ass from someone else's phone is MUCH different than hearing it on my own HG's phone.

Hope he survived the couch and that he learned a lesson about giving ALL the info before sharing such things with his wife!

cadbury_vw said...

i think that you should reflect on his new story about the ring tone as an example of how a re-education program can actually work

i think that he will think twice before that kind of of *ha-ha* pops out again

perhaps you should put some stakes with coloured tape and strings on them in the ground in the shape of a rectangle in your yard - survey stake style

make sure it's about the size of a single bed, or an air mattress

when he asks what the stakes are for, you can tell him that you were just helping him with the location of the new dog house - and that you had conveniently (and thoughtfully) sized it for an air mattress and a sleeping bag just so that he wouldn't be uncomfortable the next time he downloads a ring-tone

Wien. said...

I'm glad that it all worked out for you and your hubby and your butt!

Anonymous said...

After your retraction posted it's now funny...before not so much, i want a cool ringtone!

lots of love,
lil'sis