Saturday, June 09, 2007

one down one to go

so i survived the first night of racing.

sometime before the race, my pa-in-law says to me -
"tcole, it's been like 2 or 3 years since you've been out here."

i smiled, nodded and thought to myself...
"ahhhh, yes, those (last two or three years) were the good old days..."

but you can't beat a race track for people watching.
no lack of entertainment there. woooweeee.

and food and booze. if you want to pay $6 for a plastic bottle of Miller Lite.
in college, we had two types of beer. Miller Lite and Free.
my, how times have changed...
beer snob that i am, you couldn't pay me $6 to drink a Miller Lite from a plastic bottle.
i'll take a Sam Adams, please. in a glass bottle or nice frosted pilsner glass.

my resistance was strong on the food and booze.
i am trying to keep the 12 pounds i lost with the gall bladder surgery at bay.
so i passed on the $4 snow cone.
the $8 pizza and the $6 nachos.

and then i saw it.
the $4 turtle cheesecake frozen and dipped in dark chocolate on a stick.
called a wedgee. (not kidding)

COME TO MOMMA!
resistance be damned...

yes, we are going back tonight.
and yes, I have my $4 tucked away for another slice of heaven on a stick.

3 comments:

Big Pissy said...

I'd have paid the $4.00...That sounds WONDERFUL!

Mouthy Girl said...

I'm with you and Pissy! Damn skippy!

I think a chocolate-dipped slice of heaven could get me through a race...any race.

NASCAR. Um.

I just had a horrid fleeting thought of my mother in law who praised the NASCAR gods whenever she can. She'd imbibe on that plastic beer shit without blinking an eye.

And she's coming. Here. Tomorrow. Pray for me.

t_cole said...

pissy - it was worth every cent of the $4. yumm mmeee

bg - sorry 'bout the mil. i feel your pain. praying.
WHEN ARE YOU COMING TO DALLAS?

i got to move soon - BOTH your gals better be getting the bags packed to get down here and HELP ME!