I have worked on this - off and on - all day.
Seven things to do before I die (not in order of priority):
1. Be true to myself
2. Raise my kids to be responsible, contributing members of society in whatever way fulfills them
3. Marry for money
4. Travel the world (see #3)
5. Plastic Surgery (see #3) - want flat stomach and perky boobs and I'm not afraid to admit it...
6. See the Northern Lights
7. Write a book
Seven things I cannot (or will not) do:
1. I WILL NOT Wear Purple. This includes panties and bras.
2. I will never not be there for my family when they need me.
3. Have my house clean, the grass mowed, kids dressed and neat, the van washed, home-cooked meal on the table and not be exhausted - ALL AT THE SAME TIME.
4. I cannot tolerate stupid and lazy. I can take either in small doses - but combined, I cannot abide.
5. I cannot hold my tongue when I think something needs saying. My personal motto - "If you don't want to know, don't ask me."
6. I will not EVER again own a vehicle that does not have a VCR or DVD player in it.
Seven things I say most often:
1. "Kiss My Grits!"
2. "Savannah, you are TOO loud!"
3. "If you'd stay away from her, she couldn't do that to you."
4. "Honey, Please..." (spoken with over-exagerated southern drawl)
5. "I am wiped!"
6. "Wait! I might have a coupon for that!"
7. "I am so stinking excited!"
Seven books I have read (in random order).
1. The Stand by Stephen King
2. A Time to Kill by John Grisham
3. Sweet Potato Queens' Book of Love by Jill Conner Brown
4. Alive : The Story of the Andes Survivors by Piers Paul Read
5. Hawaii by James Michener
6. Black and Blue by Anna Quindlen
7. The Pilot's Wife by Anita Shreve
Seven movies I watch over and over again (in random order):
1. My Best Friend's Wedding - and sob every single time
2. Braveheart - but turn it off for the last 15 minutes
3. The Breakfast Club - my "Coming of Age" movie
4. Pretty Woman - because I am a complete sap for that Price Charming routine
5. Barbie Rapunzel - actually I listen to this - in the van - so as to have some peace and quiet.
6. Grease - know all the dialog and all the songs - every single word
7. Aliens - the second one - "We're in some pretty shit now man..."
* * * * *
And then Big Pissy got me with the 5 Weird Things I Do List. I like to think these items make me unique and special.
1. I sing out loud in the grocery store. It makes it easier on the other patrons if there is piped in music or I have my kids with me. But I am not particular - I can sing out loud with or without the music or kids.
2. I have an active imagination and often live in my own little Fantasy World. Not that kind of Fantasy world - Shame on you... In my Fantasy, I am skinny and rich. Kids are well behaved and I am a good mother. Dinner is home-cooked, hot and on the table. I am content.
3. I threaten to show people my scar - from my tubal ligation - when they have the audacity to ask if I am having any more kids. I really do this. And yes, I have shown it to at least one person.
4. I am a coupon clipping Queen/Freak/Addict. I have 2 three-ring binders full of clipped and categorized coupons. Mostly for groceries - but I'm not picky. And in my little coupon-community - this is not so weird. But to the untrained - I am certain it seems a bit odd - as I get looks in the grocery store. and it's not just the singing out loud bit. But before you write me off, note this - I usually spend 25 cents on the dollar for ALL my groceries.
5. And this may or may not be considered weird - but since it 'tis the season - I believe in Santa Claus. I really do. The Man. The Spirit. The Hope. I believe.
* * * * *
So there you have it. This WAS fun but I am listed out. For those of you reading - join in and play along.
it's time to fix dinner and I AM WIPED...