Thursday, December 15, 2005

A Mind Like a Steel Trap

This is what four year old little girls come with.

I am distracted today. personally. professionally. my mind - for the record - is a mess.

But Darling Daughter #2 prances into my office a bit ago and tells me that I promised to go to her Christmas party today at school.

"No, I did not." I respond - racking my brain for when I made such an agreement.

"YES! You did!" lower lip extending outward. hands on hips. left foot stomp.

"Honey, I do not recall telling you that I could go to your Christmas party today."

"Yes you did!" right foot stomp.
"AT HALLOWEEN!"

OMG! Halloween!?!? Ah ha, instant recall of events.

For Halloween, I was Party Mom at DD #1's school. DD#2 was put out that I would not attend her party that day. I told her then - IN OCTOBER - that I would attend her Christmas Party.

so i have 30 minutes to get ready.

a steel trap, I tell ya.

it's never dull...


No comments: