Friday, October 26, 2007

Planned Parenthood & Me

i am a huge proponent of Planned Parenthood. have been for many years. i don't usually broadcast it but am not afraid nor ashamed to admit it either.

and for those of you innocently ignorant of the facts, Planned Parenthood in NOT synonymous with Abortion.

nothing could be further from the truth.
PP is about informed, professional health care for women AND men.

in fact, PP probably does more than any other US agency in existence to prevent abortions.

huh?! you ask...

PP is one of the largest providers of birth control to women out there, particularly low income .
shut down PP and you shut down women's access to birth control.
then let's talk about unwanted pregnancies and back alley abortions.

anywho, there is a renewed attack on Planned Parenthood and their clinics lately.

it makes me crazy.

in response, PP has a new blog - and I want to share it with you. .
It's I Am EmilyX.
I am adding it to my links on the left..
In addition to the link to the Planned Parenthood site.

Read it; if you agree, ADD IT TO YOUR BLOG!

in sharing this here, i am doing my small part to educate and support a woman's right to excellent health care as well as her right to choose when and how to start a family.

i am the mother of three small children. two of them are daughters. i don't want them to get a tattoo much less have to choose whether or not to have an abortion. but i will defend to my death their right to make any and all health care decisions that relate to their bodies.

will you?

6 comments:

cadbury_vw said...

every child born should be a wanted child

'nuff said

(weel - not really - but in this context...)

CP said...

This was good stuff. You know I am pro choice so I am glad you pointed this info out to me. I usually get PP newsletters but haven't received one in awhile. I never want my daughter to have to make that choice, but I want her to be able to have the ability to if and when she ever needed to.

Amen, sister.

CP.

t_cole said...

I get the TX PP newsletter - that's how I knew. the ignorance out there is downright scary. You know, even if you are anti-choice (who's NOT pro-life) you should still want to support PP - b/c their goal is education and the prevention of unwanted pregnancies.

isn't that the answer to all this - to stop unwanted pregnancies?

sorry, stepping down off the soap box...

AbortionHurts said...

Dear t, Very beautifully, you love your three small children, but what about your small grandchildren-to-be? Someday, will they be just a "clump of tissue" when your teenage daughter or son's girlfriend has an abortion without even telling you? When your daughters become teenagers, they won't be able to go on a field trip, be given an aspirin, or get a tattoo without your permission, but they can experience the anguish of a life-ending and life-changing surgery without you even knowing. As a mother, wouldn't you want to be there for your daughter?

If PP only provided "excellent health care", EmilyX would be a non-issue, but PP is the #1 abortion provider in our nation, killing thousands of unborn children each day and leaving thousands of women walking wounded with a lifetime of regrets, all for profit. They don't make a lot of money off distributing free condoms and low-cost "services", but for every abortion, $300-$700 is paid, depending on how far along the baby is and how much pain relief the mother can afford.

Women deserve better than abortion and we need to assist our sisters and daughters with whatever they need, so that they are better able to choose LIFE for their unborn child (our unborn grandchild).

Killing isn't the answer.

t_cole said...

dear abortionhurts –
Thank you for your comments. Allow me to respond.
first off, i am not a proponent of abortion. i had a hugely unplanned pregnancy myself and choose to have the baby.
that's what i choose. And for me, it was right.

Secondly, i WILL NOT be raising my grandkids. So don’t dangle that guilt carrot out there on my blog. Doesn’t hold any sway with me.
I will barely survive raising my one special needs child and two others that suffer mightily every day for being her sibling. (And no, I would not have chosen to abort her if I knew what I was getting into so don’t take that side street either…)

If the choice is abortion or me raising them and my daughter wants the abortion, then i will support her in that decision. I would first suggest and encourage adoption as an option. but I will NOT be party to bringing an unwanted child into this world.

Third, you don’t know me or my kids. You do not have any clue the lengths I go to in order to raise my kids the best way possible. If you took the time to read my other blog – you would get the TIP of the ICEBERG version. My girls are 6 & 8 and we’ve already had The Talk. I have started and intend to maintain an open and honest dialog with them about their sexuality and their bodies. I am here for them now - laying the foundation to be there for them in the future. And when they want birth control – I’ll be the first one to take them – just as my mom did me. Without question or recrimination.

PP make money?!? Sure they do. I don’t know where you live, but healthcare ain’t free honey.

Killing isn’t the answer. On that we agree. Neither are unwanted babies…

Spend your time and energy where it matters. Take care of the babies and children that ARE here and have been thrown away by their parents. If you need references, let me know. I personally can introduce to several small children that have been aborted (after birth) by their parents.

Wien. said...

Very eloquent t_cole. Nobody that I know could have said it better.
I'm standing right there with you, with my daughter by my side.

w.