Tuesday, October 30, 2007

there will be no dried ink

what i couldn't tell you earlier this week - what i wanted to tell you - but didn't want to jinx - was that we had a contract on our house and had put a contract on a new house.

the contract on our house fell through last night because the buyers could not come up with the funds. therefore we had to opt out of the contract we put on the house in the city. a GORGEOUS house, inside and out, pool, new everything, almost a half acre lot, et al.

the funny thing - i am okay with losing that house. not thrilled about it - but okay. i believe completely in Divine Intervention. and if we were (are) meant to have that house - it would have (will) happen. though i doubt seriously that house will last five minutes on the market. it is perfect. we put a contract on it the day it was listed. so for all practical purposes, we have lost that house.

but i have to believe that just means that a better house is waiting for us. something closer to Sam's school. or with a three car garage for the hubby. or one with five bedrooms instead of four so the girls don't have to share. or a better school district for Savvy and Smith. who knows...

what i am not so kosher with is the CRAZY STUPID IDIOT woman that tried to buy our house. it was to have been a cash deal. she was to have taken a check to the title company for the entire amount when she executed the contract. we signed the contract, got it to her and she never took it in. so we were left hanging for 10 days by this vile, evil, unscrupulous woman. last night was the end of her option period so she had to 'fess up that she did not have the moola.

the first time i met her, she looked me in the eye and lied to my face about having just bought a $750K house down the road.

fool me once...

9 comments:

Mouthy Girl said...

She's a tired, dried-up old whore who will die a slow, lingering death.

I'm with you on the whole diving intervention thing. My fingers are crossed for you, Cole!

t_cole said...

thanks BG, Love you too!

Big Pissy said...

Oh shit!

I hate that this happened!

Stupid woman@!!!!

I believe in divine intervention too..... ;-)

t_cole said...

Pissy-
VERY stupid woman.
I could Strangle her.
And will if she makes the tactical error of showing up on my land.
Betcha a $1 she comes back again for this house.

kim said...

I've read your blog for awhile but haven't commented till today.

Wow, that's... wow. People just really suck sometimes. I think you're right though - things tend to happen for a reason so hang in there!

Wien. said...

I'm so sorry T, and you were so good too in not blogging about it! I like the way you think though, there is a reason it didn't happen in there somewhere...but if that b*tch does come back I'd raise the price a few hundred thou...Tell her it's almost free for her only. And if she has the female balls to complain, raise it even more!
I'm thinking good thoughts for you in the mean time. It will happen when it's supposed to.
W.

Amber said...

That really stinks. Okay, so I will share with you something I have told myself so many times since leaving my awesome house in CT and moving to nippled Idaho, I think it also applies in your situation, are you ready? The thing is...I believe...God would not take away a loaf of bread and give you a stone. Do if you believe in divine intervention, maybe this will give you a little encouragement. As for the woman...yikes a doodle!

t_cole said...

Kim -
Glad to know you are out there. Thanks for stopping in and for the encouragement. sure came at the right time!

Wien -
i really do bet she will come back. but realtor KNOWS not to phone me up about it until she has her hot little hands on the CASH!

Scarlett -
I agree with you on the bread and stones. Just have to be patient - which is so NOT me.

KC said...

I'm sorry that woman did that to you. I also believe in Divine Intervention (except that I don't believe in it being attributed to anything Divine... so what would I call it then?). In 2006 we put a contract on a house that I absolutely adored, with the condition that the house would meet code. It didn't. I was sad for about 3 hours... that's when we found the house we are in now and it is sooooo much better than the one that fell through. And it was less money, too.

It will all work out for the best!