Thursday, October 18, 2007

crazy.insane.pee.in.your.pants.EXCITED

that would be me.

this would be my girl, Sam, completely unaware of the upcoming excitement!


this picture was taken at Texas Motor Speedway. wearing her favorite driver on her shirt.

this would be her driver, Kasey Kahne, #9, red and black Dodge car.


Meet Kasey.


isn't he just adorable? i mean pinch his cheeks, cute as apple pie adorable.

and Sam ADORES Kasey. and has for two years. since her first NASCAR race. (click and go read the original post on Sam and NASCAR- it's priceless)
but know - there are no rock stars, disney musical stars, tv personalities she is crazy for. it is nothing or nobody but Kasey for Sam.

she sleeps with her Kasey pillow every night. in fact, this house cannot go to bed in the unlikely (and catastrophic) event that pillow goes missing. this past summer when she visited with my folks in Mississippi, my Dad put a nail in the wall by the bed so every morning he could hang the pillow on the wall (the pillow has a handle.) this way, every night they would know exactly where it was. i think the pillow went missing once and he was making darn sure it never happened again.

that's all well and good - but why the excitement you ask....

NASCAR is in texas next month. which means Kasey is in texas next month. of course Sam has her very own tickets to ALL the races. and that's pretty darn cool that an eight year old has $230 worth of race tickets for herself. but not pee in your pants exciting...

Kasey is doing a meet and greet for his fans at
BONOS RACE PLACE OF PLANO a few days before the race. And guess who is going to be there with bells on!

YES, US!!!

it gets better.

the HUGELY nice guy that owns the store is a long time friend of my brother in law and his wife. that's how i even knew Kasey was going to do the appearance - from bil & sil. so at the urging of my sister in law, i phoned this fella up and explained to him about Sam and her
challenges. not so much because i wanted to ask for special treatment for her but to let him know what a HUGE Kasey fan Sam is and explain how she has issues that might possibly intrude on her experience of meeting him in person.

the owner guy was great about it. could not possibly have been nicer. even talked to kasey's people about her. (I!love!this!guy!) They told me that if she wigs out because of all the people or just meeting him in person that she can meet him quietly in a back room. HOLY CHIT!

and I am crazy, not stupid (see previous post). We are not telling her about this until it is time to GO to the race store and meet him. not a word. hubby, me, and the rest of the family are about to pee in our pants we are so excited for her. this will easily be the biggest (good) thing to happen to her in her life thus far!

i have it all mapped out in my head. she gets out of school at 4:15 that afternoon. the meet and greet is from 7 - 9 PM. she does not have school the next day. (thank you Lord for small blessings!)

so MIL will pick Sam up from school and take her to her house to clean up and get dressed. i have bought her a new Kasey Kahne t-shirt for the occasion.

i will go around 3 or 4 and get in line. you have to have a wrist band to get an autograph - and I already have mine (sam's).

hubby will go pick her up after he gets off work and they will meet me at Bono's.

two weeks from today.
and counting.
i don't know if i can stand it.

12 comments:

CP said...

That is amazing! Your beautiful little Sam will treasure this moment forever!! Make sure to take LOTS of pictures and post them here! I bet she's going to light up like a fourth of july sky!

CP

t_cole said...

Oh CP, yes she will - light up. and then some.
And yes, camera, video camera, sketch pad - we will capture the moment and i WILL share it here for all to see!
CAN'T WAAAAIIIITTTTT!!!!

Ms. Junie said...

Well Lord, I could pee MY pants I'm so excited FOR her. Hope to read a post about how it all went!! Can't wait to hear ;)!

Wien. said...

WOW! What a fantastic plan. It says a great deal about your family, how you've all come together to make this event happen for Sam. She is loved. Are you taking the pillow along? I can't wait to read all about it. Two weeks from today is going to seem like ForrEverrrr, like waiting for Santa.
Cheers and what an uplifting post!!
W.

DIXIECHICK said...

What a great Mom you are....she is going to be over the moon....I can hear the excitement through your post...waiting for two weeks is going to be unbearable...because as a parent myself, nothing makes us Mom's happier, than making our kids happy. I can't wait to see pictures and hear about her reaction!
Dixie

Pat & Reg said...

That is so cool!!! I hope she enjoys herself and that everything goes well. Be sure to take loads of pics to post. That little Sam is turning into a beautiful little girl. What happened to the baby I remember???

cadbury_vw said...

it is wonderful that you have been able to make this come together for her (and for you)

enjoy the moments

Big Pissy said...

This is just FABULOUS!

I mean...just really super exciting fabulous!

I can't wait to hear how it all turns out! :)

Mouthy Girl said...

I am near tears here. The fucking joy is overwhelming. While I'm not a NASCAR fan in any sense of the word, I am feeling the excitement and cannot wait to hear about her meeting with greatness.

The fact that the peeps told you they'd take Sam's challenges into consideration is a semi-act-of-God. I'm digging 'em!

Here's to Sam and Mr. I Look Like I'm 10.

Three Score and Ten or more said...

I have teased my friends for years about anyone who could get interested in cars going around in circles. My son dragged me to a race in Memphis last year and i had to admit it was interesting, even exciting, even fun. It was humiliating to me.
She is so cute it doesn't matter who she likes. She deserves to be delighted.

Amber said...

Holy crap!! I am about to pee myself too, I am so excited for her. I can't wait to see the pictures. I honestly am thrilled to death for you. Don't you just love it when life throws you a bone!!!!!

t_cole said...

Five days and counting...

Can't hardly stand it.

Thanks goodness - in the rest of the madness that is my life - I(we) have something to look forward to.