Monday, November 14, 2005

My Most Favorite RedNeck Girl

With her very own ticket to NASCAR at Texas Motor Speedway last weekend. We didn't plan to send her to the race - it just kind of happened...

DH's family owns numerous seat licenses. They buy season tickets each year. and this year - for the BIG race - there was an open seat. None of the boy cousins had earned the privilege - via good grades - to go to the races. Samantha did.


And off she went. In the dark of night with her very brave, very crazy father to camp at the tracks with his family the night before the Big Race on an air mattress in the back of the pick-up truck under the topper. (Mother - I had no idea they were doing this....)

And she LOVED it. Absolutely LOVED it. I am told she got up to go to the bathroom TWICE during the entire race. She gets up that many times during dinner at home - just to make sure she's not missing something in another part of the house!


So here's Dad and Daughter at the Big Event. She got her own radio headphones - so as to keep up with her driver. And I am told - by my sister in law (also the photographer) that she DID keep up with her driver - much to her father's annoyance.

"Daddy, where's # 9?"

"He's over there."

"Where?"

"Right There."

"I don't see him!"

"Eat your sandwich."

I am told this conversation was on a loop...

Yep, that's my little redneck girl.


Posted by Picasa

No comments: