Sunday, November 13, 2005

Made in Scotland

That's how the box of Triple Milled Victorian Rose Soap Collection reads. My friend from Houston visited this weekend and as all good southern girls do, arrived with goodies for each of us. My treat is "created with care by Highland Aromatics, Scotland." via Houston. however it got here, I am going to smell so very good...

I am often in awe of how wonderful, unique, thoughtful and up-lifting my friends are. And I have such a special place in my heart for those friends that are good to my kids - as this friend always is.

And my Houston friend was here for a monumental occasion. I am so glad she was able to share in the excitement with us as I uttered - for the milestone five thousandth time -

"SAVANNAH YOU ARE TOO LOUD!"
and the irony - every single time this phrase comes from my mouth, I can still hear each of the 5,000,000,000 voices that told me the exact same thing while I was growing up (last week).

And this afternoon we are scheduled to try to get another family shot for Christmas cards. I am just begging for punishment. DD#1 has a fever again. Brother fell off the horse yesterday. Both have scratches on their faces. I was out way too late last night and therefore am operating on a sleep deficit. But we will attempt, once again to complete this project.

I am sure by the time night has fallen, I will have ensconced myself in the bathroom - door locked, lights low - with my new sweet smelling rose soaps, a glass of red wine and wish myself somewhere else. Anywhere else.

I hear Scotland is nice this time of year...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Scotland is nice any time of the year. Trust me


Solus