Monday, February 18, 2008

10 things

My friend Misty challenged me to list 10 things that make me happy.
And I have been thinking about this list for well over a week now.
I fear my list makes me appear uncreative and shallow.
not that i care.

1. my son running up to me arms wide open squealing "HUGGY MOMMY!"
2. sleeping late*
3. long hot uninterrupted baths*
4. losing weight*
5. time spent with my girlfriends*
6. having the time to read a really good book*
7. samantha coming home from school and telling me she has a new word. (she only gets new words when she can pronounce them correctly 100% of the time)
8. going shopping and finding a really good deal
9. someone complimenting me on my children's manners
10. Having money left in my checkbook the day before payday*

* these are all theoretical because they never happen anymore - but if they did, it would make me very happy.

5 comments:

Amber said...

I love so many of the same things. If I had kids, I think our list would be very similar. In fact, I might take a bath right now.

Mouthy Girl said...

I'm with you on so many of those things. Sheesh.

Someone complimented Buddha's manners the other night. I almost fell over dead with pride.

I say you should join Lorna, Hippi, and me on a girls' cruise. You won't lose weight, but you'll be able to sleep, read, take a bath, and spend time with chicks.

t_cole said...

Scarlett-
I would kill for a real bath - our master bath is ripped out for a redo. And i have this awesome deep monster bath tub in my bathroom. and the tub in the kids bathroom is inky.
If I could take a bath, I could lock the door and maybe read.
I'm just saying....

BG - a cruise with you and crew sounds delicious. but i'd have to file for divorce if i leave hubby again for such recreation...
c'est la vie

Ms. Junie said...

that's a great list!!! Someday you will be able to sleep late again and have long uninterupted baths :)

Patriot said...

beautiful sunshine definitely nears the top of my list!