Wednesday, February 06, 2008

playing host

my daughter, Sam is playing host to the flu bug this week.

lovely, huh?

4 AM this morning she crawls in bed with me sporting a 102 degree F fever.
And yes, we ALL had the flu shot this year. Apparently the strain making the rounds 'round here was not covered in this flu season's vaccine. Nice try, CDC. Close, but no cigar...

So it is only a matter of hours, really, before I have three kids, a hubby, an au pair and likely ME with the freak'n flu.

so before I succumb, a few follow up points from recent posts...

Hubby asked again what I want to do for my 40th birthday. Again, I tell him "nothing". I know I should tell him something - but I can think of nothing. Money is tight. I'd really like tickets to the Bon Jovi concert in April. REALLY good seats. I'd like that a lot. My foolish pride refuses to let me tell him that.

Super bowl with the in-laws was fun. seriously. 'cept for the beginning of the 4th quarter when I had to take a time out and bath all three kids by myself. Put them in their PJs so that when we got home, we could just toss them in bed as we walked past their rooms.

Mainly it was fun - and this is a gross display of ignorance here - because Eli Manning is the QB for the Giants. Until the day of the Super Bowl, I did not realize this. And while I am not a Giants fan, per se - my family (my Mom, Dad & brothers) are MANNING fans.

Archie's from Drew, Mississippi, for goodness sake. He played for Ole Miss. So did Eli. Both go back to Ole Miss and hang out in The Grove for football weekends. My brother was telling me yesterday about chatting with Eli and Archie last year in The Grove. (and yes, we forgive Payton for going to Tennessee.)


My dad was friends with Archie's coach at Ole Miss, Coach Vaught. My Dad has met him a couple times over the years at golf tournaments and such. And every time - Dad says Archie's just "Good People."


So through the years we have watched Payton and Eli and enjoyed their successes. I just didn't remember that Eli was with the Giants.
So the game was fun. The ending - phenomenal!


Okay - going to make some home made chicken noodle soup.
And prepare for the worst.
hunkering down
over and out...


4 comments:

Amber said...

I didn't know which team Eli played for either. I wasn't sure who I was cheering for until the 4th quarter (I hadn't even really been watching before then) when I saw "Manning" on a jersey. I decided to cheer for the Giants. I don't care about the Giants, I just felt sorry for Eli always being in his bothers shadow and I wanted him to have a big win. See, I'm the ignorant one.

I hope Sam feels better soon and you all stay healthy!

Wien. said...

I voted for the Giants because they were the underdogs and I wanted NE to not have a perfect record. I don't know what my reasoning was.

Keep washing those hands and breathe deeply outside and take really, really hot baths to raise your body temp to fight off those germs.

Good luck!
W.

Big Pissy said...

Oh, no! :(

I hope Sam gets better soon and none of the rest of y'all get sick.

Anonymous said...

Oh no! I hope it's not too bad. Can't you run in and get that anti-viral thing that will shorten it a bit?

{{{wishing you a strong immune system}}}