Friday, February 22, 2008

my au pair is better than your au pair

If you've been by here the past few days, you know I have a pretty nasty case of the Poor Pitiful Me's. It's not been any fun being me.
until today...

Today - this morning - I had a marathon conf call/web-demo that lasted almost three hours. I did not have a chance to grab breakfast before starting. So when it was over at lunch time, I was STARVING!

The Au Pair had left to pick up the son at school and then take him for a fun outing. So I went off to the kitchen on my own to fix me some lunch.

There was a small pink piece of paper on the table that said, "Watch the stove."

And I immediately thought Oh SHIT! she left something on on the stove and I was supposed to watch it and surely it is burned by now.

So I looked at the stove and nothing was on. But there was a pot on it and another note beside it.

It said "I figured you'd be starving when you got off your call. I cooked some pasta, here's the sauce. Heat it up in the microwave and lunch is ready."

I almost cried. Someone had really thought about me and my needs and done something about it. Every now and then someone does something for me that is so thoughtful and completely unnecessary - like this - and I feel all warm and glowing on the inside. Like my heart is going to burst.

And that, my friends, is my definition of a Warm Fuzzy.



7 comments:

Amber said...

You deserve to have warm fuzzies every day. That is so sweet that she did that for you. What is even sweeter is how much it meant to you.

t_cole said...

it's amazing how much a bowl of pasta can mean - isn't it...

Anonymous said...

That is an au pair that is worth her weight in gold! And Scarlett is right, you deserve warm fuzzies every day from some quarter or another!

Glad you got one.

Wien. said...

She is an Angel. Your children are in wonderful hands.
Your post made my heart warm and fuzzy too!

Anonymous said...

Wow. Can I borrow her for one day?

Last night after:
Grocery shopping
feeding the family
bathing
pajama-ing
cleaning up
laundering
I was just muttering (mostly) under my breath, that I needed a wife.

Mouthy Girl said...

I think that is the epitome of GREAT! You give your au pair a hug for me!

cadbury_vw said...

that is very thoughtful

i am glad that someone is looking out for you and doing some special things

you should have such things in your life