Monday, January 16, 2006

Disclaimer: this entry is being written ~ hiccup ~ through the haze of a hangover brought on by consuming a half a bottle of tequila in 2.5 hours ~ hiccup ~...

i don't even know where to start...
perhaps i'll jump around a bit
first and foremost - jon bon jovi (known at my house as 'Moma's Jon') STILL HAS IT.
OMG, does he still have it.
and I STILL WANT IT!

and my girlfriends i attended the concert with are new converts to the Church of Bon Jovi. they showed up as middle of the road fans. and left as full fledged, card-carrying jon bon jovi followers. i kid you not. i took their wayward confessions myself as we waited for the aisles to clear after the show.

my friend that split the bottle of tequila with me, she is going on and on in my ear. "OMG! he's so HOT! He's totally do-able!"
In my best I told you so voice - I'm like - "I been telling you this..."
Her - "Look at that chest..."
Me - "uh huh"
Her - "look at those arms..."
Me - "i am"
Her - "he has the sexiest smile"
Me - "oh yeah"
Her - "even his armpits are sexy!"
Me - "DO WHAT?" i draw the line at sexy armpits. i don't care whose they are...

so let's back up a bit....

i told you in an earlier post that my hubby ordered me the concert t-shirt. and being the teenager i am, i had to cut it up and paint on it. i added the gold paint on the letters and found this fabulous gold sparkle spray. i think it's gorgeous...



so we started the evening with margaritas...

one of the girls - and i really like this about her - brought party favors. This is her trademark - party favors - and she does an excellent job of it.

and they were packaged beautifully. What do you think was in these fabulous little parcels....

you gotta see these. they are perfect party favors for four crazy women going to a rock concert in a limo...

here we are - party favors in hand - huggies with feathers on them. are they not FABULOUS???!!!!

So we ate, drank and made merry until the limo got there. then we loaded up our ice-chest of beer and pitcher of margarita's and headed into the city...

i know the image is not good - but i gotta include a shot of our ride in here...

so we made it to the concert. i forgot my glasses (couldn't wear my contacts b/c of the pink eye) and in the ultimate sacrifice of friendship, one of my gal pals loaned me her glasses for the majority of the show. we have almost the same prescription and we know this b/c i am in a habit of leaving my glasses...

They played their old stuff and the new stuff. i sang all of it at the top of my lungs. it was a sold out show and the center was packed. they played non-stop for three hours!! (note to my Philly friends - jon did one of the encores in his arena football team's jersey) a great time was had by all. caught our ride home - which was considerably more sedate than the ride down. got back to my friend's house around midnight, i staked out the guest room, took off jeans and shoes and crashed - makeup and jewelry still in tact. i do not sleep in jewelry. ever.

awoke this morning at 5 am to get home before hubby had to go to work. found the following left on the kitchen counter by my friend's husband - right by my car keys. you think he's trying to tell me something??? "take your pills and GET OUT!"


I'm starting to feel a little better now. i do appreciate you keeping your voice down today. that was very thoughtful of you.

so does anyone have the concert schedule for next year yet???

6 comments:

Big Pissy said...

I'm so jealous right now!!!! :)

Looks like y'all had a fabulous time.

Love the pics...thanks for sharing 'em!

t_cole said...

hey ya'll - it was soooo much fun. wish you could have all been there with us!
husband is bringing home burger king whoppers for dinner. most bestest cure for a hangover i know of...
i look forward to feeling better soon...

Anonymous said...

looks and sounds like you had a blast. im so envious. :)
and so happy to know that you had a good time - you were looking forward to it for a loonngg time. you'll feel better in the morning.
best cure for a hang-over is excedrin or BC powders, lots of water, something sweet and plenty of sleep! :)

luv ya bunches
sjc

Pixie said...

Looks like a good time was had by all.

E said...

I'm getting the distinct impression that you enjoyed yourself. ;)
I don't want to brag but my friend sees him downtown all the time when his team plays here. Sigh... lucky bitch.
E

t_cole said...

e- yeah, lucky bitch. we hate her.
i told my hubby that next year, or when the next tour is, i am going to a ticket broker and getting seats on the first second or third rows. enough of this admiring from afar BS. i want up close and personal...

and pixie, yeah it was a REAL good time!

and for the record, i am feeling much better today...