Monday, February 27, 2006

..gotta.get.a.life. .gotta.get.a.life. .gotta.get.a.life..

is it tuesday yet? we both know it isn't. AARRRGGGHHHH!

my name is t_cole and i am an addict.

I.NEED.MY.AMERICAN.IDOL.FIX

i am pathetic! i am pitiful! i didn't start out this way!

season 1 - i only watched the very last episode when Kelly beat Justin.

season 2 - i only watched the top 12 - none of the tryouts. clay was robbed, btw

season 3 - hubby kept dragging me in to watch parts of the tryouts. he picked fantasia to win at the beginning. he was right and i have not heard the end of it yet.

season 4 - watched all the tryouts, every episode - including the one when my guy constantine got cut, i sobbed and swore off american idol for the rest of my life. was back, front and center for the next episode. i am weak.

season 5 - sucked in once again. we recorded both nights last week - girls and guys. i have seen each one at least 3 times. once on my own, once with hubby and once (or twice) with my kids. kids love it too but have a 7PM bedtime and CANNOT stay up late on school nights. Mean Mommy, yes, I know. whatever!

so here are my two top picks. for the girls, Katharine McPhee. i just like her. GREAT voice. fabulous stage presence. GORGEOUS! and fun-loving personality. she's my first pick for the gals. my second choice would be Paris Bennett.




for the guys - i am torn. there are several i like. but i must go with Ace Young. first off, he is yummy. i know that is not the best criteria for selecting the next american idol, but it's a good start. he can actually sing. he appears to be relatively unaffected. and the song he did last week, Father Figure, had a line in it about being warm and naked by my side. (yes, he was too talking to me!) woohoo.

i think it was the wise and beautiful Dolly Parton that once said, "I'm old enuf to be that boy's lover."

i always did think Dolly was well spoken...

pathetic, i tell ya...

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

if only i watched american idol

i could comment

the only new program i watch is battlestar gallactica...

Mouthy Girl said...

OMG did Cadbury say Battlestar Gallactica? *snort*

Listen up, T, you are officially in the Buddha Sisterhood. Little Sis watches American Idol without fail. She's even been known to allow her offspring to stay up late to watch it with her.

She's even invoked the Tivo gods when necessary so she doesn't miss a beat!

KC said...

I don't watch American Idol, so I guess my comment here is really just a "hi" to you, t_cole!

Big Pissy said...

I'm an addict too! I've watched EVERY season! But the first is still my fave. I was soooooo happy when Kelly Clarkson won! However, I don't watch until after they pick the 24. I can't take those "auditions" anymore!

I agree that clay was robbed. But we see who has the more successful career. Ruben who? ha! and I knew Fantasia would win, too. What a voice. But where is she?

I've been hearing about this Ace guy all over the place. He must be something! I missed him last week!

t_cole said...

Pissy,
trust me. have i ever led you astray? of course I have - and I am again now. watch ace!!!
and i can understand why season 1 is still your fav - kelly is, after all, a TEXAS girl!

KC - Hello to you too! thanks for stopping by! always nice to see your smiling face.

BG - YES! he did say Battlestar Galactica. Holy Cow. is that new? or is it just now syndicated in the Great White North? =)
Hey Cadbury- I've been to Canada enuf to know they DO get US tele up there....
feel free to join us in the madness of AI.

CP - don't miss it. tonight is the gals and tomorrow is Ace and the rest of the guys...
glad you had fun with Pissy last week and made it home safe and sound!

cadbury_vw said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
cadbury_vw said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
t_cole said...

holy cow C - you're as bad as me with these addictions...
i know why i am not familiar with this show- it's on SciFi channel. we don't do cable and don't have a dish. i get Basic basic.
and we three small kids - the networks are all i have time for anyway.
might have to check out that streaming video thing. would be easier just to get the disks...

Pat & Reg said...

You are in need of an intervention!!! Apparently your husband is too. :)

Anonymous said...

uh

excuse me ladies (BG and t_cole)

while my general nerdity may be showing through

there is a new BSG (I am old enough to have watched the first series as well...)

http://www.scifi.com/battlestar/

http://www.battlestargalactica.com/newbat.htm

it is SOOOOO cool

it really is one of the best science fiction series ever

yes

battlestar gallactica

it's true

----

oooh

for those of you with high speed

i just discovered that they have the entire final season one episode available through streaming video on the scifi channel link above

ooo oooh - way cool!!!

----

those are my deleted entries above

t_cole said...

thanks cadbury

E said...

I'm with kc. I don't watch American Idol. I never got into it.