Friday, February 24, 2006

i don't care how old you are...

when your mom and dad call you first thing in the morning, sing Happy Birthday to you, remind you for the 38th year in a row of the snow and ice and how cold it was in Mississippi the morning you were born - it's a good day. a very good day.

and i don't care how it sounds, i still love it when my momma tells me, "i love you sweet baby."
i still love it when my dad reminds me of the childhood story he's always told me about finding me at the hospital in this big box. like i was a gift.


i love it when my hubby and kids bring me chocolate cake, candles, wine, a bubble bath and give me a new massaging desk chair. (woohoo!)


i am loved. i am spoiled. i am needed and wanted.
it's how everyone should feel on their birthday.

13 comments:

E said...

Happy, Happy Birthday!!!!!!
Best wishes,
E

Big Pissy said...

Awwwww....your parents sound like the SWEETEST people!!!

"Happy Birthday, dear Cole......."

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!!"

Have a great one, doll~ you deserve it!

*besitos*
~Pissy

t_cole said...

thanks girls! it is a very good day today and an even better birthday since the last as i can now count you as friends!
t~

KC said...

Happy birthday, girl! I love how you write about your parents and family. I can feel the love from here!

Have a great day!

t_cole said...

thanks KC. we're not perfect, but we're pretty good to each other. lots of love.

and cat, yeah, prolly would...
but just know - they will spoil the living crap out of Maggie and baby #2. it's flat out ugly...

Anonymous said...

imagine a white guy (me) with a really deep barry white/james earl jones voice (so, not nearly as hip or cool, and more uptight - but still really deep)

singing you happy birthday

that would be me

...and many more

- cadbury

(p.s. I do a great Can't Get Enough Of Your Love, Babe in karaoke, so that might provide context too)

t_cole said...

c-
i'm dying here.
LOVE barry white!
~sigh~
thank you darling - that was wonderful!

Big Pissy said...

ooooohhhhhh...I LOVE me some Barry!!! ;-)

Pat & Reg said...

Happy Birthday!!!! You were so adorable as a baby! Now you're just a gorgeous woman!!!

Pixie said...

Happy Happy Birthday T ...and many more ;)

Anonymous said...

Love your B-day entry. The love you and your family have for each other IS wonderful and the fact that you can so easily express it and write about it is just one of the many things I adore about you. Adorable sweet baby! Adorable sweet friend!
Hope you had a great day!

Love ya bunches
sjc

Mouthy Girl said...

You are loved and much, much more! Happiest of Days to you! May the best of your dreams be the least of what you realize...

It makes me feel all warm and happy to hear the story of your parents calling to wish you Happy Birthday. I have the same ritual with my sisters. I'm feeling the love!

Nobody said...

Happy B-day TC!!

You must fill us in on the celebration!!!!

All the best!