Wednesday, February 01, 2006

you gotta see it to believe it..........

my daughter just came screaming into the house like someone had chopped her hand off.
POUNDING on my office door.
SCREAMING bloody murder.

my baby sitter is hot on her heels and before i can even move, opens my office door and in pours my tear-stained, screaming off-spring.
i am checking for blood, broken teeth, missing appendages, gashes to the skull...
nothing - just a child sobbing uncontrollably.

then my baby sitter tells me that just as she was walking out the back door to remind sam to change into her play clothes, she witnessed her (sam) throwing a rock and BREAKING OUT THE REAR SIDE WINDOW IN MY VAN.

and you know the funny thing - i didn't even get all that upset. i mean i am floored that my 6 (almost 7) year old daughter just broke out the window in my van, but she is so terribly upset and horrified at what she has done, there ain't enuf air left in this house for me to get pissy about this too.

i make her call her daddy at work and tell him what she has done. torture.

she sobbed for 30 minutes. broke a sweat - just from crying. i kid you not.

and her father and i have told her and told her and told her not to play with the rocks. we live in the country. on a farm. we have a paved driveway but rocks along the side and running around the garage. the kids LOVE these D*MN rocks. we pick them up out of the grass all the time. Little Sister threw one at Big Sister several months ago and broke off one of Big Sister's permanent teeth. again, i am not kidding. i wish i were.

once she calmed down, i asked her why she was throwing the rock.
i don't know
were you throwing it at something?
yes
at someone?
yes
who?
savvy (AKA Little Sister)


oh Sweet Jesus. thank you for letting it hit the van instead...

8 comments:

Mouthy Girl said...

I am cackling out loud here...thank God for your sense of humor. When I saw the busted window, I let out an audible gasp! Holy crow!

Again, you're a great mom...nothing ruffles your proverbial feathers! Good woman!

CP said...

*LMAO* Now THAT is damn funny. Funny only because no one got hurt. It reminds me of the time that my daughter came to me in hysterics. She was bawling her eyes out. Kept saying "they won't wake up, they won't wake up!" I'm freaking, thinking my parents are dead or something.

Turns out, little cp took her goldfish out of the tank and put them to sleep in her dollhouse. She covered them with blankets and all.

Of course, after 3 hours out of water...they wouldn't wake up. *L*

Hope you have insurance on that window!

Nice to "meet" you, hon!

CP.

Nobody said...

Oh Nooooooo, that SUCKS. The call to Dada is always the KICKER. My favorite Mommy revenge.

By the way TC... check out this blog. I bumped into it and it reminded me of your post the other day. Her photos are riveting.

http://www.about2getskinny.blogspot.com/

E said...

Can't.stop.laughing!!!!

Oh the Daddy call sends a shiver down my spine. I had the, "You just wait until your father comes home..." line said to me more times than I can count. The wait was always worse than the punishment!!

KC said...

Ahhh, kids! You never know what they'll do next. I'm glad that no one got hurt.

t_cole said...

$681 and change folks. That's how much it cost to have the window replaced. we paid $50. insurance is picking up the rest. ~ PHEW ~

everytime she lays eyes on me - "I'm sorry Moma!"

we still have not agreed on punishment. any suggestions?

Big Pissy said...

I'm so glad no one got hurt!

Thank God for insurance!

Pixie said...

Awww I almost feel sorry for her, what is it with kids and stones and rocks.