Friday, February 03, 2006

okay girls, all together now

earlier this week, i posted this - confessions of a fat girl. the comments added to this post were some of the nicest i've ever received - anywhere. one in particular stood out - mainly because it has made me as giddy as a teenage girl on prom night after being elected Prom Queen. i have been so high this week - just from this one word in this one comment - i have barely been able to tolerate myself.


mr. 3 score and 10 or more said:

"I looked at your pictures, and You Aint Fat honey.
You are luscious."


i have told everyone i have talked to this week - I AM LUSCIOUS! my parents, my husband, my baby sitter, my friends, rank strangers on the street, my kids' teachers, the cashier at the grocery store...


i find this word luscious to be VERY empowering. but after the previous comment, mr. 3 score and 10 or more gave me instructions. and apparently he has informants planted in my house because he somehow KNOWS i have not done this. and that's just spooky...


"Look at yourself in a full length mirror at least
once a day and say YUMMY!
Then look at your man's eyes when he looks at you
and say it again."
so i have decided, if i am going to do this - SO ARE YOU!
grab a mirror - any mirror. i'll wait. guys you can do this too. no one's watching, unless you're at work and then you should prolly wait till you get home...
repeat after me.....
I AM YUMMY!
again, like you mean it...
I AM YUMMY!
i'm not feeling it, folks...
I AM YUMMY!
that's some better.
MMMmmmmm, MMMMMMmmmmm YUMMY!
there ya go, i can tell you're getting your mojo warmed up.
hey, if you can't convince yourself, how the heck are you going to convince anyone else????
so tell me this - what are some of the very best words that have been used to describe you?
me? my list starts with LUSCIOUS. then yummy, intelligent, honest, brave, funny, stunning (another of my personal favorites)
spill it, peeps...

11 comments:

KC said...

I'm going to wait til I get home before I try the mantra, OK? The Boy will be out with friends tonight; Hub-Man will be working. That will be a perfect time to stand in front of the mirror and chant Yummy, yummy, yummy. I hope it works because I've been looking and feeling decidedly dumpy lately. Keep your fingers crossed for me!

Big Pissy said...

What a cute post! :)

I'll have to wait until I get home from work to do my "chanting". Even though I'm leaving soon, I still don't want to scare anybody!

I'm glad Cat said it first. :) 'Cuz I, too, have been told that I am stunningly beautiful (and not just by Sweet Man). "Exotic" is my second favorite. "Really pretty" is third.

I don't get the first two as much now that I'm rapidly closing in on 50, but I'm ok with that. :)

Yum-yum
~Pissy

E said...

There is nothing in this world better than a compliment from an unbiased stranger (maybe winning the lottery, but I'm not so sure). You are yummy! I am yummy, we all are yummy!! (IT makes a great song if sung to the old Dr. Pepper jingle, He's a Pepper, she's a pepper...) And so is every other woman out there. I'm totally getting into this!
And by the way, seriously, I never in a million years would have looked at a picture of you and have the word "fat" go thru my brain. I definitely DID think, "How the hell can I steal her hair?" AND her daughter's hair and how can I get a head shot of me that's that great?!

E

Zephyr said...

Great post... it's always good to work on that positive thinking... maybe even try to expand on it by choosing a letter for each day and finding words with that letter.

Today you're exquisite. :)

Nobody said...

he he he.

I read that comment and thought it was adorable.

Did you pop by that one blog by the way? Her work is great!

Jay said...

That's really sweet, although I tend to agree with him -you shouldn't have to convince yourself of being yummy, the evidence is right there on your face!

The past couple of years have been rough on me, weight-wise. I have had several back surgeries that left me unable to move whatsoever, and yes, I gained weight. It was hard to look in the mirror and see someone that I didn't want to recognize as me...but for the time being, it's me. And it saved my life.

t_cole said...

Cat -
YES, you are yummy - 'specially with all the curves of pregnancy. i can see the GLOW from here. someone pass the sunglasses...

KC - I need a report! Did you follow through? Better? Methinks thou art most YUMMY!

Pissy - I have no doubt that you did this little exercise. What did Sweet Man think when you told him how yummy you are???

e- I agree with the compliment from an unbiased stranger being awesome. my hubby has had fits b/c i believe what a virtual stranger tells me and not what he tells me. go figure.
but i do have a bone to pick w/ u. hubby went around all weekend singing - "I Am Yummy! You Are Yummy..." hehehehehehe

Lara - thanks. i like exquisite VERY much. You and your photography are breathtaking!

NWG - Yes! I love that blog. thanks for the reference!

Miss Jay - you are very kind. thank you!
continue to focus on the positive. upliftiing, gentle, loving self-talk. if i can do it, ANYONE can do it!
thanks for stopping by. nice to meet you!

KC said...

Yes, I did follow through. It felt extremely weird. I almost couldn't make eye-contact with myself in the mirror. I need to work on this.

Anonymous said...

... I'm not sure this specific post was appropriate for my age group... but I read the one about the broken van window and couldn't keep in the laughter... I feel sorry for samantha... i know what it's like to do what your parents told you specifically NOT TO DO... and then have it lead to a much bigger problem, but you have a way of telling stories that could make the death of a family pet funny... oh well... visit my site, you'll have to read back into the past in order to understand everything, but yeah... so I got the part of Charlie Brown in the School Musical "You're a Good Man Charlie Brown" ... which you won't be able to see because apparently Las Vegas is so much more exciting than a High School Musical... J/K ... anyways... so since I've gotten the part, I've been obsessed with anything and everything Peanuts... that explains the site... and oh yeah, my girlfriend's site is www.xanga.com/silently_praying4u ... she's kinda dramatic, but hey... aren't all girls that way? ...she's also been through some tought times... so I'm there for her... sorry to take up soooo much space on your site, but it's been awhile...

Your Friend,
Charlie Brown

ps. that's how I sign all my posts from here on out... at least until the play is over...

joanna said...

I am not luscious or yummy, I am sweet and delicious, like a Godiva chocolate truffle. A little expensive but well worth it.

I'll keep telling myself that and in time I will believe it:)

t_cole said...

sweet, delicious and expensive - i live it. i really like it.
you go Jo-B - you are a quick study!

_________________________________
hey charlie brown. your aunt t is glad you stopped by to say hey. yeah, this might not be appropriate for a high school fella but hey, it's never too early to develop a positive self image - which i bet a handsome young lad such as yourself has no prob with.
I AM GOING TO VEGAS ON BUSINESS OR I WOULD B THERE FOR YOUR LEADING ROLE IN CHARLIE BROWN - you stinker!
cheesy yucky auntie love and hugs to you and brother!